XBOX360 won't recognize ATT UVerse wireless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylEm

Mar 11, 2005
So I have ATT UVerse with a RG and my xbox360 S has built in wi-fi. I have previously used wifi on the xbox with my previous cable provider and have never had any issues with it. I have successfully got it to work before with Uverse but lately every time I turn on the console it can't find my wireless network anymore. It does, however, find other wireless networks available so that leads me to believe the wifi itself isn't an issue. It can't be a range issue because not only has it connected previously from same distance, but other wireless devices in home connect from farther distances. Any help is appreciated

NOTE: The RG model is: 3801hgv. I use the WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA2-PSK (AES) security. Other wireless devices (i.e. iPhones) connect to the wireless network just fine without any issues. And no, I can't hardwire it, they are in seperate rooms.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
I use mine with Uverse wireless and haven't had any issues, so it is possible. I don't know the particular model I have off the top of my head.

SylEm

Mar 11, 2005
I use mine with Uverse wireless and haven't had any issues, so it is possible. I don't know the particular model I have off the top of my head.

Well like I mentioned, it HAS worked before, this is just recent that it stopped working.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
The only thing I can think is that your Uverse box is blocking your Xbox's MAC address for some reason. You might want to ask around the Networking forum to get better answers though.

SylEm

Mar 11, 2005
The only thing I can think is that your Uverse box is blocking your Xbox's MAC address for some reason. You might want to ask around the Networking forum to get better answers though.

I thought that it might be that so I double checked. MAC filtering is disabled, but the MAC address of the XBOX is listed on my "Allowed" list.

Puppies04

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2011
Check which channel your router is broadcasting on. Some wireless cards won't pick up certain channels (channel 13 from memory but try changing it anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.