Xbox360 Controller (PC): How do I turn it off?

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
How do I turn off the Xbox360 controller when I'm using it for Windows, I've been searching around and am coming up with nothing. Its a big waste of battery life.

Constantly removing the battery pack wears away the plastic hook keeping the battery connecting the battery to the controller. I know this because my last battery is now gone because of this very issue.

Oh, and about the Xbox360 rechargeable battery: If you plug its USB cable into a non-Xbox360 port, it will not charge - it will just keep the battery going.. but at the cost of having to deal with the cord, and I'm not really in a position to comfortably use a controller cord with my PC setup.

Boobs McGee

Feb 6, 2006
Maybe you just aren't handling your battery the best? I pop my batteries all the time to stick them in the standalone charger and I have yet to have a problem. Also, I am pretty sure my PC's USB ports will charge my batteries with the cord. I haven't done it for a while, but I used to quite a bit.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Nothing works :(

I checked around the internets and didn't find anything ether - in fact, many other people have the same complaint.