Xbox One HDMI in audio delay

Apr 1, 2011
Hi all

Was given a surprise Xbox One as a Christmas present. Ideally I'm looking for it to be the sole device I interact with accessing all of my media.

At the moment I have an HTPC that is directly connected to my TV over HDMI.

I've tried connecting the HTPC using the HDMI in of the Xbox One, but have noticed about a 1-2 second delay in audio. General input appears to be fine.

Would anyone have any recommendations on what could be causing the issue?

Any pointers would be much appreciated :)

Cheers

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
So, when you play a movie on the htpc, the audio and video that outputs from the Xbox one don't match? Or are you watching the video on a different connection (or vice vs)?

Apr 1, 2011
Indeed the audio/video do not match. Audio is a consistent 1-2 seconds behind the video.

This was when I had the HTPC connecting to the HDMI-in port of the Xbox One.

My basic understanding doesn't give a reason for this to happen as it should be just feeding audio/video through the Xbox One?

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Well if the video and audio coming out of the htc is fine, it is the xbox dropping the ball. Probably a hardware failure, too. No reason it should not be maintaining synch.

BarkingGhostar

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2009
While HDMI can transport audio the original post does not indicate that is in fact how audio is being output from the HTPC. One might assume HTPCHDMI(V+A)-->XboxOneHDMIinput-->XboxOneHDMIoutput-->TV. Is this the case? Are you using anything external (sound bar, AVR, etc.)?

Apr 1, 2011
While HDMI can transport audio the original post does not indicate that is in fact how audio is being output from the HTPC. One might assume HTPCHDMI(V+A)-->XboxOneHDMIinput-->XboxOneHDMIoutput-->TV. Is this the case? Are you using anything external (sound bar, AVR, etc.)?
Sorry, but I didn't even think that information would be useful.

HTPCHDMI (V+A) -> XboxOneHDMI-IN -> XboxOneHDMI-out -> Panasonic SC-BTT775 -> TV

Now I've written all this down, I've just thought it might be worthwhile eliminating the Panasonic device and directly connecting it into the TV.

Will give that a go and see if it helps :)

Apr 1, 2011
Hi all, just an update with the issue I was having.

I removed the home theatre system (Pansonic SC-BTT775) and the delay is no longer there.

My only guess is there's a transmission delay as it has to go through too many in connection?

TV I have is just a no-name brand name, this will give a chance to buy a new TV and connect the home theatre system up through an ARC port :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS