xbox modding..."illegal" on at?

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
just a question...is talking about mods to the xbox taboo? i dont wanna bet booted or anything, so i figured i would ask a general question first.

btw, i dont plan on doing anything illegel with it...i just want a multimedia player which requires a mod chip. dont ban me please!
rose.gif

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
just a question...is talking about mods to the xbox taboo? i dont wanna bet booted or anything, so i figured i would ask a general question first.

btw, i dont plan on doing anything illegel with it...i just want a multimedia player which requires a mod chip. dont ban me please!
rose.gif

Legality doesn't come from AT. Anandtech doesn't make laws. If it's illegal (t3h U.S. gub'ment), don't brag about it here.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt

rose.gif

Legality doesn't come from AT. Anandtech doesn't make laws. If it's illegal (t3h U.S. gub'ment), don't brag about it here.

what the fvck are you talking about?
rolleye.gif
that post was totally useless to anyone who read it. where in my post did i say AT is the law? see the quotes moron? and where was i bragging? wow, you are really stoopid.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001

rose.gif

rolleye.gif
that post was totally useless to anyone who read it.

I've made a couple posts asking questions about what is the ideal mod chip and instructions on how to install it and was not banned nor was the thread locked.

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
just go to xboxscene. the people there have more information concerning xbox mods.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

rose.gif

rolleye.gif
that post was totally useless to anyone who read it. where in my post did i say AT is the law? see the quotes moron? and where was i bragging? wow, you are really stoopid.

rolleye.gif
Think about it. Is modding your xbox illegal? No? Then what do you have to worry about? Post a thread and brag about how you're so cool because you mod your xbox. Yes? Then don't bother talking about it here.

SEARCH THE FORUMS.

Do you SEE any xbox modding threads here?
rolleye.gif
Use your peabrain, dumbsh|t.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

rose.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif
Think about it. Is modding your xbox illegal? No? Then what do you have to worry about? Post a thread and brag about how you're so cool because you mod your xbox. Yes? Then don't bother talking about it here.

SEARCH THE FORUMS.

rolleye.gif

talk about peabrain! hmm, me asking a question about whether or not you are allowed to discuss xbox modding does not = peabrain. i definitely dont think i am so cool...i just want to use it as a media player and i dont know how. if this got your panties in a bunch, you really should go get laid.

again, idiot, note how illegal is in "..." DUHHH i know it isnt AGAINST THE LAW. you are pretty thick, eh?

edit: and i did search the forums, so get off your high horse.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Okay, smart guy, let's see. You searched the forums. You know it's not illegal. Did you draw a logical conclusion from this? No.

/me slaps forehead

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Okay, smart guy, let's see. You searched the forums. You know it's not illegal. Did you draw a logical conclusion from this? No.

/me slaps forehead

Show us a thread where it's explicitly stated from someone whether discussing xbox modding is allowed or now.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001

rose.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

SEARCH THE FORUMS.

rolleye.gif

I searched the forum and found quite a few xbox modding threads - you must be searching the wrong forum.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: dabuddha

/me slaps forehead

Show us a thread where it's explicitly stated from someone whether discussing xbox modding is allowed or now.

thanks! OMG ffm you are so thick.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: BillGates

rose.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

SEARCH THE FORUMS.

rolleye.gif

I searched the forum and found quite a few xbox modding threads - you must be searching the wrong forum.

lol - why would I search the forums and find evidence toward an answer that I already have? Seriously. If you found other people talking about it, why ask if you can talk about it? It's just... well, funny actually.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

rose.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

SEARCH THE FORUMS.

rolleye.gif

yeah i found a few as well, but i have also seen a few times where a mod said "we dont discuss this here" and i was talking a safety measure so i dont get canned. i dont see why this is a big deal. i want to keep my membership here...sue me!

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

/me slaps forehead

Show me a thread that got locked or someone who got banned for doing so. You guys think I'm thick? Heh.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

rose.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

SEARCH THE FORUMS.

rolleye.gif

yeah i found a few as well, but i have also seen a few times where a mod said "we dont discuss this here" and i was talking a safety measure so i dont get canned. i dont see why this is a big deal. i want to keep my membership here...sue me!

Eh ignore nik, he tends to have his head shoved up where the sun doesn't shine ;)

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

rose.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

SEARCH THE FORUMS.

rolleye.gif

LOL - mod said that talking about xbox mods won't be allowed and you asked anyway? ROFL!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

/me slaps forehead

Show me a thread that got locked or someone who got banned for doing so. You guys think I'm thick? Heh.

as a matter of fact...yes!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

LOL - mod said that talking about xbox mods won't be allowed and you asked anyway? ROFL!

you really just cant read. i am simply amazed that i used to think you had your head on straight.