Xbox bo-shee

asabour

Aug 28, 2000
Ok I just bought a new game for my XBOX (Madden 2k2), and when it starts to load the game, it says "The disk is scratched or dirty blah blah". I look at the disk and it is brand new, nothing is wrong with it. So I call up Microsoft and they say go exchange the disc, so I do. Again, I put the BRAND NEW disc in, and the same bo-shee happens again. So I call up Microsoft, and they say if I want them to fix it, I have to pay $130! I told them that I've read on the internet that many people have had this problem, but the b*tch on the phone said that she hadn't heard of it before and that it's my fault. Many of my friends have had this problem too. So what should I do? I don't want to fork over $130 for something that's THEIR fault. F*cking Microsoft.

Apr 5, 2000
Don't have Madden so don't know what to say. Have you tried wiping the disc off with your shirt? I got PGR 3 months ago and that happened - the disc was clean but I wiped it anyway - lo and behold it worked. At least with MS you have the option of an extended warranty - with Sony you're SOL after 90 days.

asabour

Aug 28, 2000
Madden isn't the only game this happens with, but it is the only game that ALWAYS does this. I also have Halo and FIFA World Cup 2002, and it happens with those about 60% of the time, but i just have to keep on resetting and finally it will work. With Madden it ALWAYS happens, so I can't play it. Yes, I've cleaned all the discs, and the Madden disc is BRAND NEW, not even a finger print on the bottom. And I bought my XBOX over 90 days ago, so I'm SOL also (I didn't get an extended warranty). F U Microsoft.

Apr 5, 2000

<< when did you buy it ? cant you exchange it where you bought it ? >>

He said it was over 90 days ago. You might want to try anyway - depending on where you got it, some are really lenient - some are not.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
it sounds like you got a bad unit, we have two xboxes in the house and they both work great, im sorry your having trouble, i would try getting your xbox exchanged.

asabour

Aug 28, 2000
I bought it at media play and still have the box, not sure if i still have the receipt though, but i'll look. Think they'll exchange it? Also, if i did exchange it would I have to include all cables/controllers/manuals etc?

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

<< I bought it at media play and still have the box, not sure if i still have the receipt though, but i'll look. Think they'll exchange it? Also, if i did exchange it would I have to include all cables/controllers/manuals etc? >>

probably, and they will give you all new ones. if you dont have them i would be really nice to the guy and see if he'll just switch the actual boxes.