XBOX and PS2 owned by Nintendo

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
ms and sony need to make sure that patent clerk gets his ass beat. this is absurd. f*ck nintendo.. i'm certainly not supporting em now:p

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
That patent sounds pretty ludicrous and would probably fall if someone challenged it stating prior art mentioning what's been done on the PC (citing Battle.net for online play, and Roger Wilco for real-time chatting).

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: vi_edit
I'm almost positive Sega had something like this for the Genesis 32(or was it 64?) add on thing that never took off. I'm pretty sure one of those add on things had a modem for game hosting.

32X add-on for Genesis, no online for that. The SEGA Saturn had online gaming, though.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
SWEET, now Nintendo has MS and Sony by the balls!!!

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Patents are required to be non-obvious. As a captain of the obvious myself, I say all these features were obvious because they already existed with computers and the natural progression was to incorporate them with console gaming. Obviously.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
MS could just come back and say, well our home entertainment device is a compact computer for use with a television set.