"Xbox 720" will not be the name of the next Xbox for obvious reasons.

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by futurefields, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Subyman

Subyman Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
    Super Moderator

It will just be called the Xbox, anything else would be dumb.

2. Arkaign

Arkaign Lifer

YuhBroBox.

3. Skel

Skel Diamond Member

Puppykillerbox

4. Heller

Heller Diamond Member

OH C'MON you gotta admit, while you might get killed alot more and you k:d ratio might go down gaming is just so much more fun while baked.

5. Centauri

Centauri Golden Member

Microsoft should steal Revolution from Nintendo.

6. HeXen

HeXen Diamond Member

Most all console names were dumb.
    Nintendo is a dumb name, especially back in the 80's. Neo Geo was a dumb name. Playstation sounds like a kids play area.
    Saturn was an ok name, Dreamcast is kinda ok i guess.

Turbo Grafx 16...now there was a self marketing name that spoke raw power to the consumer. Unfortunately the games for it were not and that folks is the only thing that matters for a console.
    I want to make a console called Voodoo Grafx...oh wait.

7. exdeath

exdeath Lifer

Just call it the ShooterBox and be done with it.

I'm calling it now: launch titles will be Halo, Gears of War, and Call of Duty. Now with moar goatees and "Im too cool for myself" attitude.

8. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

ugh, so true. people complain that most pc games are console ports. damn man, i would LOVE to have console ports of nascar racing and nfl 2k on my computer!

9. Maximilian

Maximilian Lifer

Xbox 3
    Sexbox
    Abox
    Thebox
    Xbox 1080
    Xbox Alpha/Mega/Ultra/Q/Y/firefly/Omega/*insert other stupid label here*

Take your pick MS! My fee is $5000000 cash, tyvm.

10. HeXen

HeXen Diamond Member

I have raged over the lack of football games on PC for years. EA sucks with their exclusive license crap, i don't see the big deal to license out the NFL to other devs for a platform they don't even offer a Madden on.
    I can only imagine how good Madden would look on PC if they used Frostbite 2

11. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

the problem with exdeath is that he looks at 3 AAA series that are all shooters and conveniently ignores all of the other games.

12. smackababy

smackababy Lifer

But those 3 AAA titles sell more than most of those other games combined. >_>

13. Tsavo

Tsavo Platinum Member

Xbox HD.

14. exdeath

exdeath Lifer

The problem I have isn't necessarily with those games, so much as these other games you speak of try to appeal to the lowest common denominator base that eat up those 3.

I'd love to play Resident Evil and not Call of Gears of Evil. Or Final Fantasy and not Call of Fantasy : Final Duty XIII-3 Pink Ops Edition.

I was wrong for favoring my 360 over my PS3. There is much more variety in games on the PS3. Ni no Kuni was incredible and I already have both Suvivor and Post Pandemic editions of The Last of Us on pre order along with Tales of Xillia:D

What's coming out on 360 at the same time? Oh look ANOTHER Gears of War /wank wank

So yeah Shooterbox would be perfect. Or as someone else said, BroBox.

#39 exdeath, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  15. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

it's just amusing that you complain post after post yet. i agree ps3 has much better exclusives. im enjoying sly cooper right now.

360 is my multiplayer console, ps3 is my single player console for exclusives only though. games like tomb raider and dead space 3 will always get played on 360 though because the controller is a million times better.

16. Sulaco

Sulaco Diamond Member

It's not only that, but more their effect. Their ripple.

Other game companies and owners of lesser-known, less popular IPs, try and emulate the success of CoD and shooters like it by shoe-horning gameplay/story-telling/etc aspects of those games into theirs, whether they fit, work, or belong or not.

I don't blame anyone for that success, save for the uninspired, greedy studios looking to make a quick buck off of trying to knock off CoD.

It is what it is. But for some people to assume that the continued success of games like CoD do not have any real, meaningful impact on other games inside and outside of the genre is simply naive and shortsighted.

17. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

still doesn't mean there aren't good games out there though. but instead of playing them he likes to bitch about the industry as if bitching about it is going to change anything. all you have to do is look at all of his posts in any thread outside of the mila kunis game thread.

and i agree with you that some games have changed direction, but honestly the only ones i can think of are capcom games - devil may cry and resident evil. but it's pretty much a known fact that capcom is 100% all about the money and simply caters to the masses.

i guess mgs has also changed but those games have sucked for a long time anyways.

still tons and tons of great games out there though. but instead of playing them lets just bitch about COD and HALO instead!

18. exdeath

exdeath Lifer

Wasn't bitching here, I stated a perfect name for the next Xbox and gave justification for it.

ShooterBox is perfect.

Other games are too far and few and don't get the shelf space or promotion that every monthly shooter, sports, or racing rehash gets.

19. exdeath

exdeath Lifer

Heh Xbox M4 would be fitting...

Shape it like an M4 too and the target audience not old enough to afford or buy a real M4 would cream themselves.

20. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

sorry but i don't need games to be promoted and told what i should like in order to know what i like. i can't even remember the last time i actually looked for games on a shelf in a store when i went to purchase a game. probably been over a decade.

21. exdeath

exdeath Lifer

Us? No. But everyone else who buys what's popular? Be nice to seed some variety and break out of this stale and safe rut we are in.

22. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

i don't think i've had as much gaming the past few years as i ever had in my life except maybe when i was a kid playing SNES and N64 for the first time. there are a lot of awesome games out right now you just have blinders on.

23. Ancalagon44

Ancalagon44 Platinum Member

Its called the XGameStationCube U

24. dagamer34

dagamer34 Platinum Member

They should call it the Xbox 720 because games will actually run in 720p this time!! :whiste:

25. American Gunner

American Gunner Platinum Member

Man, I am glad that I can enjoy both consoles and don't have to get my panties in a bunch when someone points out a flaw about one of them.