XBox 360 Wireless Controller on Windows

kzrssk

Nov 13, 2005
Hi all,

I picked up the wireless receiver for my XBox 360 wireless controller a while back and like it for the most part. The only thing I can't figure out though, is how to turn off the controller without unplugging the battery section. It's not mentioned in the manual and it's been a no-go looking for the answer online. Has anyone figured it out?

Thanks,

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Have you tried just holding down the big middle button like you do when using it with the Xbox?

JasonSix78

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2005
Is there a driver you install when you first plug the receiver up or an icon in the system tray? I was thinking there might be a way to just click and turn it off through there but I'm sure you've looked for that already.

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
yeah, you either have to pull the battery or let it power down. I bought the receiver and withing 24 hours returned it. Every time id use the controller it would switch my sound from my realtech over to the Headset (I dont use the headset so no sound from my speakers) and then I also realized I dont have any games to use it with. I already own a logitech pc controller. I couldnt find a list of compatible games for the 360 controller. so it was a waste of 22 bucks. maybe when I have some extra $ to spend or if my logitech craps out.

Good luck w/it how do you like so far? What games do you use it with?

kzrssk

Nov 13, 2005
Originally posted by: MonKENy
Good luck w/it how do you like so far? What games do you use it with?

I like it a lot, actually. The powering down issue is the only problem I have. Just have to slightly tilt the battery pack so it turns off, but other than that, it works great.

I mostly only use it with emulators, but there are a few games I've played on 360 then later acquired for PC that I might try it with, and it's making my Final Fantasy 7-on-PC experience pretty authentic.

kzrssk

Nov 13, 2005
I hate signing up for a billion forums. I'd rather just stick with one huge one that covers just about every topic I'm interested in, aka, this one.

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
Originally posted by: kzrssk
I hate signing up for a billion forums. I'd rather just stick with one huge one that covers just about every topic I'm interested in, aka, this one.

I updated that thread, It tells you everything we offer. it might be worth you taking another look.