XBOX 360 game recommendations. Got a console for th kids

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Recommended games that you all have and enjoy?

We have an older xbox and the wife and kids like that kareoke singing game...do they have anything like that for 360?

I would like to get something for the family also, like Crash Bandicoot racing was on the game cube...multiplayer without the split screens?

A couple of good online play games...

Thank you.

JCoria

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Originally posted by: YoungGun21
Guitar Hero 3

Any sports games should be good, Madden, Fifa, etc

Okay...sounds cool...i have a friend that works at TRU, she maybe able to get me one of those wireless ones...

JC

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I'm guessing Madden will be too complex for the younger 2, but may be alright for the 14 year old. Racing games are easy to pickup and generally fun for everybody. Either burnout or dirt would be alright IMO.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
For the wife & kids, check out Viva Pinata. As a bonus it can be bought for cheap (~$15)

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Viva Pinata Party Animals they might like, it is a Mario Party clone, Guitar Hero defiantly, Mass Effect for yourself :p

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
No karaoke yet but they have DDR and Scene-It

Multi-player without split-screen:
Lego Star Wars
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
Viva Pinata: Party Animals (the cart-racing mini-games are split-screen)
Cars
Cars: Mater-national
3D Ultra-MiniGolf Adventure (XBLA)

The Crash Bandicoot racing game is backwards compatible on the 360.

I'm sure there's more. That's all I can think of right now.

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Queasy
No karaoke yet but they have DDR and Scene-It

Rock Band uses a slightly upgraded singing interface to Harmonix's Karaoke Revolution series that I think he's talking about.

While I highly recommend also trying out the instruments portion, to save some money you can get just the Rock Band disc and any USB mic for a karaoke experience on the 360.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Are you guys (or more importantly your kids, wives) into the new Viva Pinata ? My wife & son absolutely love the first one, but the 2nd got some pretty bad marks so we stayed away..

Also, we already have a wii so we are way beyond good on minigame games.

That Arkadian Warriors game looks sweet !

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Yreka
Are you guys (or more importantly your kids, wives) into the new Viva Pinata ? My wife & son absolutely love the first one, but the 2nd got some pretty bad marks so we stayed away..

My son loves the Viva Pinata: Party Animals demo. The game is on his Christmas list. If he doesn't get it from a family member I may get it for him when it drops under $30.

ShOcKwAvE827

Jul 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Queasy
Originally posted by: Yreka

My son loves the Viva Pinata: Party Animals demo. The game is on his Christmas list. If he doesn't get it from a family member I may get it for him when it drops under $30.

viva pinata is under $30 already. at least on ebay you can get it for 20 something new.
yeah get Rock Band.. I just bought it and it's a blast, especially with a group of friends.