Xbox 360 250GB HDD - $64.30 @ Buy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Interesting. I wonder how hard it would be to take the drive out of the case and add it to one of the new Slims? If it is easy, you could get this plus the Slim Arcade and save about $30.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Interesting. I wonder how hard it would be to take the drive out of the case and add it to one of the new Slims? If it is easy, you could get this plus the Slim Arcade and save about $30.

Somebody posted a thread in console gaming about how to do this. Didn't seem too hard.

GusSmed

Feb 11, 2003
JacobsParts is an eBay seller, and in their eBay auctions they clearly state that it's a third party drive, not a Microsoft item, in a "compatible" casing. This seems to be the going rate on eBay for such drives. I think it's also clear from their eBay ads that they don't include the transfer cable, unlike the Microsoft kits - you have to purchase it separately.

That said, it's hard to see that this matters much. Their eBay ads also state a 30 day return and 6 month warranty, so it seems safe enough.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
JacobsParts is an eBay seller, and in their eBay auctions they clearly state that it's a third party drive, not a Microsoft item, in a "compatible" casing. This seems to be the going rate on eBay for such drives. I think it's also clear from their eBay ads that they don't include the transfer cable, unlike the Microsoft kits - you have to purchase it separately.

That said, it's hard to see that this matters much. Their eBay ads also state a 30 day return and 6 month warranty, so it seems safe enough.
Safe, as long as MS doesn't get pissy about non-OEM drives.

I didn't want any potential hassle, so I got a used OEM drive from the Amazon Marketplace for ~$80 shipped.

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
Safe, as long as MS doesn't get pissy about non-OEM drives.

I didn't want any potential hassle, so I got a used OEM drive from the Amazon Marketplace for ~$80 shipped.

If you got it from the marketplace there's no guarantee it's a legit drive either. Same with me, I bought mine used from Best Buy's outlet store. 98% chance it's legit but I suppose it's impossible to know.

hellotyler

Jul 19, 2010
Can't you just hookup your own external to the USB with the recent update ? Much more economical.

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
The usb update limits external drives to 8GB per USB port and 2 out of the 3 ports usable for external storage. That, and the original xbox compatibility partition can not be stored on the USB storage.

So there are still reasons to clamp spinning rust onto your xbox 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.