XBCD driver on XBOX

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
I've researched and downloaded 3 dirvers and they all don't work.

Can somebody help me with getting the correct XBCD driver for my XBOX 360 controller? Thanks.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I believe microsoft has it built in to the OS now. You should be able to plug it in, and the drivers will be installed automatically. You're using a wired controller correct?

450R

Feb 22, 2005
Unless you want the extended functionality of XBCD, pull the standard MS drivers through Windows Update - very easy to setup and they work great.

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
I do want the extended functionality of XBCD and the standard ones don't have rumble support, correct?

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
The older versions don't specifically mention Vista, but they more than likely work with little or no mod, well 32-bit anyway. Still, get at least XBCD 360 0.2.5, and try and find 0.2.6 but the link I found is dead.

Perhaps try XBCD+

I can't tell what version the drivers are though. And see that's what pisses me off.

The "old" way...
You install XBCD 1.07 (from the creator redcloud's site), then install the XBCD 360 drivers, which are (used to) just be zip with an Install.bat to move the inf and dll to their appropriate places. Then, if a new driver came out, well there's multiple ways but you can just click Update Driver in Device Manager and point it to the new INF and dll. But no.. someone thought that was too hard, so they bundle shit up like idiots.

Now you got stuff like XBCD+ 4.0 beta, or Setup_utility_2.20.exe, or some other bundled EXE, which you can't tell at all what driver version they used. Cause most of the time, some kid just packages them, only a couple of people actually work on the driver.

So forgive the rant, and you can try out something like XBCD+, but again the most simple way would be to install XBCD 1.07 from redcl0ud's site, then find the zip file of XBCD 360 drivers v0.2.5 or preferably 0.2.6. But again, that's a little harder to find now, but look around and you should find it easy enough. I have the 0.2.5 zip, but if there's a 0.2.6 out, that'd be better, and would probably ensure Vista support if 0.2.5 doesnt.

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
Yeah... this is most complicated process ever.

All I want are the XBCD drivers. I've done more research and there seems to be 5-6 steps.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
No no, it's very simple. Two steps really. Maybe one if that XBCD+ thing works, but as I said above, I don't really like the way people are doing that.

I'll see if I can find you the two things you need later today or tomorrow. As I said, first you run the XBCD setup exe so it installs, then unzip the 360 drivers and click Install.bat, then plug in your controller. That's all I've had to do in XP anyway.