Question x570 Taichi Razer - Broken standoff for nMVE

kirkdickinson

Oct 22, 2015
I have an x570 Tiachi Razer Extreme motherboard. I have a 1TB nVME and a 256 nVME. When I undid the cover to install M2_1, the standoff popped off the motherboard. I am not sure what to do now? I was going to install my 1TB in slot one as the boot drive and 256 in slot 2 for Lightroom Cache, temp files, and Photoshop Swap file.

The standoff that holds the end of the bracket is the same one that retains the M.2 nVME to the motherboard.

What to do....
  • Try to superglue the standoff back in.
  • Screw the standoff onto the cover bracket and then use scotch double stick tape to hold it down. The cover plate is about an inch longer than the M.2, so there is ample room for double sided tape.
  • Glob some hot glue under it.
  • Tape it down to the other nearby cover plates.
  • Don't use the first slot at all. Seems like I read somewhere that is you used slot 3, it disabled some of the SATA ports. I need all 8 SATA ports.

Thanks for reading....
Kirk

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

kirkdickinson

Oct 22, 2015
Just make sure it is fully cured. Be gentle when tightening the screw and you should be fine. It isn't like it is holding a lot of pressure it doesn't need to be really tight, just snug.

I decided to try super glue and epoxy. I put a small drop of super glue on the tip of the stand-off where the hole in the mobo is. I left it attached the cover plate. That way it will be in the correct place and aligned straight up. After the super glue sets up, I plan to add epoxy around the base to reinforce the attachment.

Reactions: pcgeek11

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
Oh man, on my last board I had the same thing happen to me. I planned on trying to epoxy it back in but it was the 22110 standoff, not used for anything and since 22110 drives have never caught on for consumer/non-enterprise I just let it ride.

I'm interested to see how it turns out and if it holds up, since it's a little more critical for you to be able to use that m.2 slot than mine was.

kirkdickinson

Oct 22, 2015
Oh man, on my last board I had the same thing happen to me. I planned on trying to epoxy it back in but it was the 22110 standoff, not used for anything and since 22110 drives have never caught on for consumer/non-enterprise I just let it ride.

I'm interested to see how it turns out and if it holds up, since it's a little more critical for you to be able to use that m.2 slot than mine was.

I ended up just using super glue. Will see how that holds up. I put a drop on the tip and let that set up and then flowed a little around the base of the standoff about an hour later. Seems solid enough to hold the bracket down.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
If that hole goes through the board, you can always use the stand-off turned over, with a nylon washer and the screw from the back of the board.

Reactions: john3850