X1650 pro AGP

johnsmith696969

Aug 21, 2008
I enjoy learning to mess around with computers and various other aspects of software and components, however I still quite new to this.

I have recently been helping a friend with a graphics card (Saphire X1650 pro 512mb AGP).
His motherboard is an p4m800 m478 and PSU 250W.

I have entered the Bios and altered the few options available (changed from pci to AGP display device) - there is no option to disable onboard display so I assume that this is automatic.

I install the card but upon powering up my display L.E.D blinks amber and does not change to green, I guess this means that no signal is being received. This occurs regardless of whether I connect to the onboard VGA or the card (this goes for the DVI also).

The fan on the card spins as expected (not sure if this suggests appropriate voltage or not - probably not)

The bios have options for voltages for the agp bus, but at that time I was not sure, so did not alter them. After checking online, I believe that the car requires 1.5 volts.

Unfortunately I will not see my colleague untill I get to work tomorrow.

Just wondered if any of you very knowledgable people could help -(everyone like a complement):p

Webbterfuge

Jul 7, 2008
Did you make sure that the card has the 4 pin power connected? Also 250 W is really low for this system.