X-Men!!!! (the movie)

megatexel

Jan 13, 2000
I for one saw it Thurdsay night :D I work @ the theatre tho so I get to be special. Has anyone else seen it yet? If not post what you think after you see it tonight!!

BTW-It is out July 14th

megatexel

Jan 13, 2000
hmm... that might spoil it for everyone. ;) IT FSKING ROCKED. It was cool.

Damn Rebecca Romaine-Stamos sure does look nice in only blue make-up. They didn't show too much of her tho :(

BiB

Banned
Jul 14, 2000
Rebecca, Halle Berry, Ashley Judd, the guys who made this movie know their chicks!

BiB

0beron

Jun 1, 2000
megatexel

I was just kiddin'!!! ;)

Just wanted to know if it ROCKED!

Thanks for not ruining it for everyone! :D

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ashley is not in it

Halle Berry, Rebecca Romijn Stamos, Anna Paquin, and Famke Jansen

Jul 14, 2000
The fact they left out Gambit is very disapointing however. They could have had Val Kilmer play Gambit, it would have kicked!

gambit is definitely the best xman.

DarK SagE

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yah gambit kicks. SOme how i dont think the chick playing Rogue is hot enough. Rogue was always the hotest heroine and they got some not so hot 17 y/o hussie playing her.

Stifko

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
Casting Halle as Storm disappoined me. Storm always was a larger woman in my mind's eye, Niaomi Campbell would've been a better fit.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
No way man, Angela Basset with different hair-do would definately kick some ass as Storm. That chica es muy buff.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
thanks vi-edit, that's who i was thinking of for storm. i could not for the life of me remember her name. i was going to say naomi too, but she cannot act... halle is definitely not right for the role.

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Not having followed the X-men faithfully while gorwing up, I feel that this movie does a pretty good job of getting the non-enthusiast up to speed. The effects were nice, but I am more pleased with my now-greater understanding of what was going on. Hopefully, the sequels will include more of the history behind the X-men.

Only 90 minutes or so (well, under 2 hours at least)? Hmmm.

-SUO

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Definitely could have been longer . . . I've heard that they cut more than 20 minutes of character development off of it to speed up the pacing . . . hopefully it will be restored on the DVD version.

And for all you Halle-haters out there, she apparently wasn't too thrilled with the movie . . . maybe she didn't think she had enough lines? So she might not be back for the sequel.

(Chanse)

Oct 11, 1999
Thought it was pretty cool myself. My only complaint was that it could/should have been longer. But I guess you can't complain for like what? 75 mil, budget.

vec

Golden Member
Oct 12, 1999
I don't remember her name, but that new doctor on ER (she was on Homicide too) would have made a good Storm.

blade

1957 - 2008<br>Elite Moderator Emeritus<br>Troll H
Oct 9, 1999
It took in a staggering 21.3 million just on Friday, that means it will do around 60 mil for it's opening weekend! Not bad for a movie that has got mixed reviews and with many saying there is very little action. Just goes to show that marketing and familiarity are vital to success. And 2 sequels are planned.

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I really liked this film. There is not alot you can do nowadays for 75 million when it comes to action movies. Maybe this thing will make half a billion or so and we can get more action and more characters in the sequels.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
storm is much more of a minor character now i think about it. sure she was the team leader once, but storm is not that popular.

I mean, who remembers xmen for the lines bub. :p

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
When you consider that they had to go from the standpoint of introducing a large number of characters, their powers, and make it seem realistic, to people who had no idea what X-Men are (they can't aim for people who know what's going on, or the movie would have flopped) they did an incredible job! When I went, the theater was packed, and it was one of the first movies I've seen in a long time where people laughed throughout and actually clapped at the end.

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
No way man, Angela Basset with different hair-do would definately kick some ass as Storm. That chica es muy buff.

Yup. That's exactly what I was thinking. Halle Berry was good too, but Storm is a an older, more mature kind of character. IMO, Storm, Jean Grey, and Storm were poorly cast.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< IMO, Storm, Jean Grey, and Storm were poorly cast. >>

Whoah, there were two chick's named storm in the movie?? I must have missed that :p

I though that Famke did a great job in X-Men...well maybe I say that 'cause I liked her in GoldenEye where she played a sex-crazed woman that killed men by wrapping her thighs around them and squeezing while screaming out in ecstasy (insert Homer drool here:D).