X-MEN 2 Soundtrack: What's the song in the scene where Nightcrawler attacks the White House?

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
I love that opera song they use. Do you guys know what it is called? I really want to download that song.

MerlintheQuack

Jan 29, 2002
I basically missed half of that scene trying to figure out how I knew the song...Finally I realized it's from Mozart's Requiem. It's Dies Irae, I believe. Also, both pieces Magneto is listening to are by Mozart as well.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I just did a search for the soundtrack on Amazon and the clip with NC's attack is not on the soundtrack. Some guy posted on Amazon's page that the song may be by Carl Orff or Carmina Burana....

Hope this helps...

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
I"m not sure if that is it. I'm listening to it right now as well, but it doesn't sound like that song...

Can anybody prove me wrong on this?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
WayneTeK, for those ATOT members that haven't seen X2, your title might be considered a spoiler.

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein
WayneTeK, for those ATOT members that haven't seen X2, your title might be considered a spoiler.

Something that happens in the OPENING SCENE cannot be considered a spoiler.

Otherwise, 90% of the reviewers out there'd be guilty.

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
Uhh.. i don't think so. Hell, you can see him in the trailers attacking the white house for Lord's sake. This is a given pretty much and it is friggin obvious what he is doin. ATTACKING THE PEOPLE IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: MachFive

Something that happens in the OPENING SCENE cannot be considered a spoiler.

Otherwise, 90% of the reviewers out there'd be guilty.

MachFive, you did notice that I made the word, might bold correct?

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
Originally posted by: WayneTeK
I love that opera song they use. Do you guys know what it is called? I really want to download that song.

It's the Mozart Requiem.

2nd movement - Dies Irae (pronounced dee-ays ee-reh)

the whole requiem is freaking awesome. download it all. i think there are 12 parts.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Uhh.. i don't think so. Hell, you can see him in the trailers attacking the white house for Lord's sake. This is a given pretty much and it is friggin obvious what he is doin. ATTACKING THE PEOPLE IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

rolleye.gif

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: GuybrushThreepwood

It's the Mozart Requiem.

the whole requiem is freaking awesome. download it all. i think there are 12 parts.

Awesome. Thanks a lot. BTW, how did you know this? you a pianist or somethign? thasnk!

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Well, I haven't seen it yet, but now there is no need because of the confusion of this thread.....I feel so violated...:)

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002

rolleye.gif

My bad if i sounded harsh. Sorry, i'm just frustrated i couldn't find the song, but now that i did! YAY! :D

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999

It's the Mozart Requiem.

Awesome. Thanks a lot. BTW, how did you know this? you a pianist or somethign? thasnk!

Movie soundtrack listing's aren't hard to find WayneTeK ;) :D :p

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999

rolleye.gif

My bad if i sounded harsh. Sorry, i'm just frustrated i couldn't find the song, but now that i did! YAY! :D

It's :cool: WayneTeK, just don't take my post below the one I quoted too seriously :)

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001

It's the Mozart Requiem.

I know it b/c i'm a big fan of the Mozart Requiem, haha.

I'm not a pianist, I'm a brass player. Trumpet, trombone, euphonium, tuba, etc.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003

definitely for people who may have avoided the trailers to minimize any info about the movie before actually seeing it.

that being said, i am NOT one of those people. hopefully, everyone else has watched either the trailers or the movie.