Wwyd if you worked in healthcare, going no. 2 mid-log, and they called cardiac arrest overhead

Wwyd if you worked in healthcare, going no. 2 mid-log, and they called cardiac arrest overhead

• Pinch off, wipe, and run to emergency

• Squeeze really hard for 30 seconds and then run to emergency

• Continue with no. 2 until finished

Results are only viewable after voting.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
I have nobody else with me at night to cover potty-breaks

I think I am going to bill my employer for new boxer briefs :mad:

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
First... eat more fiber, jeeze.

Second- you don't want to be making poor decisions in a life-and-death situation because you're prairie dogging it.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Sounds like a management issue. If anything needs redundancy, it's health care. They should have a backup for every person on the shift. What would I do? I dunno, but someone there needs to be talked to.

edit:
Thinking about it a bit, and without knowing exactly how a hospital is setup, I think grabbing a diaper from the supply cabinet, and getting to work would be a reasonable course of action. Afterward, you can chew the supervisor a new asshole for leaving you understaffed.

Last edited:

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I had not previously been familiar with the nomenclature, re: mid-log.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Sounds like a management issue. If anything needs redundancy, it's health care. They should have a backup for every person on the shift. What would I do? I dunno, but someone there needs to be talked to.

edit:
Thinking about it a bit, and without knowing exactly how a hospital is setup, I think grabbing a diaper from the supply cabinet, and getting to work would be a reasonable course of action. Afterward, you can chew the supervisor a new asshole for leaving you understaffed.

Interesting choice of words...

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Depends on the environment. When I was at the main hospital as an intern on medicine rotation as the designated hospital team to respond to all codes, never once was I able to get to the room fast enough to even be involved. In that scenario, I'd just ignore it and finish the pooping. However, at the freestanding psych hospital I might be the only MD there, so I'd do whatever it takes to get there ASAP. Although, we've never had a code blue in the ~3 years I've been at my current spot. As an intern, I did have to initiate a code on the psych floor, but I got the hell out of the way when the code team showed up (very promptly).

Mar 16, 2005
3609_Code%20Chart.JPG

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Stay and finish. If you interrupt the process your mind can't focus on anything else and you'd be a detriment if involved in a medical emergency.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You're probably going to want to finish first. Theres no toilet breaks once you start CPR. Then again you should be able to poop wipe and go in a minute or so anyway.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It would be really hard to run with my pants still around my ankles in any one of those three scenarios.