WWII Soldier Killed at Parade Honoring Veterans...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Yea, I watched that last night. Pissed me off!!
They should have hung those generals up by their nuts for sending those young doughboys to die with just hours left in the war.

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
Originally posted by: MichaelD
R.I.P., Mr. Hammond. :beer:

Sadly, one of his peers (i.e. elderly, handicapped and having no business driving) killed him. Almost fitting, depending on your point of view.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for our VFWs. But it's they that cause the accidents. Ironic and sad that today they killed one of their own.

Sadly, the driver, (now a murderer...) probably has no recollection of what he did.

Yet another reason for mandatory Driver License Retesting every 5 years past the age of 55.

uh, i agree with you on the mandatory testing. But dont you think 55 is a little young for that? At 55 people are still fully fuctional and have 10+ years of work letft in them. I am thinking somewhere more around 70.

amdforever2

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2002
stfu michael d

saying the driver has no recollection of what he did

just because there was a car accident means the driver has alzheimers?

dudeman007

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
RIP:(
rose.gif

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: ming2020
Originally posted by: Uppsala9496
WOW! Reminds me of Patton....

Except that it was a narrow enough miss for him to walk away laughing about it.

rose.gif
RIP

In December of 1945 he suffered a broken neck in a car accident and died less than two weeks later.
I don't think he walked away laughing from it...:roll: