WWF to WWE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

<< WWE? How about WEWE, Raw, instead - because that's what it bites. I hate pro wresting, which is an oxymoron at best. >>

Did you come up with that by yourself?!?!?!?

AHH..my sides....hurting...can't....stop....laughing

Pulp

Oct 3, 2000

I don't blame them for changing the name, they would likely be forced to down the road and i know there were limitations already on where they could use the "WWF". WWE was a bad choice tho, it just doesn't sound right. Vince bought the company in 1979 from his father and shortly thereafter renamed it from WWWF to WWF. Regardless, it's in a downward spiral and they will be wise to throw out the old trash (Taker, Hogan), give us back cruiserweight battles, legitimate tag teams, and more gimmick matches!.

Apr 5, 2000
I think Austin picked RAW himself after his little temper tamtrum. He's getting old anyway - he probably couldn't even stand up without his knee braces.

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

<< I think Austin picked RAW himself after his little temper tamtrum. He's getting old anyway - he probably couldn't even stand up without his knee braces. >>

Actually, I think Vinny Mac made Austin go to the RAW roster to make it less craptastic.

Apr 5, 2000

<<

<< I think Austin picked RAW himself after his little temper tamtrum. He's getting old anyway - he probably couldn't even stand up without his knee braces. >>

Actually, I think Vinny Mac made Austin go to the RAW roster to make it less craptastic.
>>

I think that would kinda defy Austin coming back - he left for a couple weeks because he didn't like his character - forcing him to go to a show woulda pissed him off even more. I kinda think though that with Rock and Hogan on SD, Austin thought he'd have RAW to himself so he'd be the main event every night

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

<<

<<

>>

I think that would kinda defy Austin coming back - he left for a couple weeks because he didn't like his character - forcing him to go to a show woulda pissed him off even more. I kinda think though that with Rock and Hogan on SD, Austin thought he'd have RAW to himself so he'd be the main event every night
>>

Possible. However, if Austin would've been pissed off even more and quit, then Vinny Mac would sue him for every dime he's worth for breach of contract.