WW2 vet dies of a broken heart after his wife of 65 years is killed in home invasion

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
RIP

article-2117695-1240BB4D000005DC-466_634x394.jpg

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/sto...er-attack-in-home/KufjggixQkCftBshQrRlfQ.cspx

His wife was beaten and sexually assaulted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ends-65-year-romance-meeting-blind-date.html

Disgusting, WTF is wrong with people? :|

Last edited:

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Too much trash in the US that needs to be taken out, permanently and expediently

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
My humble appologies for tasteless black humor.

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
This happened to an elderly friend of my parents'. Man in his 80's. Home invasion robbery. They steal stuff and just for kicks, they beat him into a coma before leaving. He died a few days later. Very sad. I don't understand people who brutalize those who are weak and helpless, i.e. children and the elderly. It's so cowardly.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Hopefully those individuals are punished to the fullest extent of the law, reading this story makes me rather upset but it happens. I hope my wife and I live that long and are married for that amount of time. As it is, if she was taken from me in such a manner I'd be done too.

Dec 10, 2005
No trial, just firing squad.

As much as I hate the dirtbags who perpetrated this crime, I also believe in due process. Let them have their day in court, find them guilty, and punish them to the fullest extent of the law.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
As much as I hate the dirtbags who perpetrated this crime, I also believe in due process. Let them have their day in court, find them guilty, and punish them to the fullest extent of the law.
Fullest extent of the law doesn't ever quite go far enough for something this heinous...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This happened to an elderly friend of my parents'. Man in his 80's. Home invasion robbery. They steal stuff and just for kicks, they beat him into a coma before leaving. He died a few days later. Very sad. I don't understand people who brutalize those who are weak and helpless, i.e. children and the elderly. It's so cowardly.

Why don't you understand them? All their humanity was destroyed as children. They are self hating monsters and they kill to relieve and manifest their pain as it happened to them.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Why don't you understand them? All their humanity was destroyed as children. They are self hating monsters and they kill to relieve and manifest their pain as it happened to them.
Hey Moon.

Welfare busting up the family unit for several generations.....what a bitch.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I don't know if they are self-hating, but they certainly have no shred of human decency.

Damned sad story. Hope the animals are caught and fried until extra crispy.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Outsource, prison time, to Mexico, China, India wherever... Once they return after their prison term and tell their story, crime in this country will go down like never before...

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
article-2117695-1240BB39000005DC-328_634x525.jpg

they caught the perp, whos living expenses will now be paid for by the taxpayer for 60 years.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

I understand the psychological theory behind it. I just can't relate to having a desire to do that. I probably have some amount of "self-hate" too, as does everyone to some degree, but I still have no desire to do something like that. I guess it takes an awful lot of self-hate.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't know if they are self-hating, but they certainly have no shred of human decency.

Damned sad story. Hope the animals are caught and fried until extra crispy.

What, you think people that love themselves do that kind of shit. And the fact that they were fried as children made them that way. Your frying them will do nothing at all to fix the real problem but only make it worse. Frying folk turns them into monsters and you want more of the same because you were also fried, just enough to cause Stockholm syndrome and not full blows psychopathology.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Fuck all of moonbeam's psychobabble bullshit.

The mutts who committed this crime should also be charged with killing Bob Strait, even if they physically didn't murder him. They are still at fault for his death.

I've been a strong supporter of the death penalty for several decades and believe its use should be expanded.
Career criminals should be executed rather than sent to the "criminal's university" where they just learn new criminal trades...and become even less human than they were when they walked in the door. Why should the taxpayers have to feed, clothe, house, provide medical care, and even education for anyone who would commit such heinous acts?
They showed zero compassion for their victims, why should society show them any?

Spark them up.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Due process is what's wrong with our fucking justice system. I was listening to last week's episode of This American Life. They had this dude who's a state representative who was caught on tape taking a bribe from a FBI informant, yet he's not fucking guilty and was allowed to stay in office because they have to go through the whole due process crap in court to prove that he's guilty of the crime he committed. Are you kidding me? Stop wasting my damn tax dollars playing games. You have that stuff caught on tape man, throw him in prison already.