WTH is wrong with kids nowaday..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Kids are pretty sneaky, espically some with some kids here going "I gotta sell 2 more magazines to goto EUROPE! Please help" I say no, they wont go away, damn kids. Same kid comes back 3 days later, tries his pitch again, but this time he needs 6 subscriptions....

I remind him on the 2 he said a few days ago, he gets embarrased and runs away crying. Besides, his rates sucked, $50 for Maxim for a year, plus $10 processing fee.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Originally posted by: ffmcobalt
I usually answer the door to those types of people (not including kids) holding a large knife or a gun :) Usually helps

A friend of mine used to make a bad habbit of coming to my door at all hours of the night, pounding on it, running around to my bedroom window, pounding on it, running back to the front door, etc.

One night, I met him back at my door holding my 48" 440 surgical stainless Katana. I scared him sh|tless running out my door yelling and holding the Katana over my head.

...he's never done it since. :D

How much was your Katana anyway? I've been looking for one, not necessarily 440 but just a cool looking one :)

Mine was $200.

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Originally posted by: brtspears2
Kids are pretty sneaky, espically some with some kids here going "I gotta sell 2 more magazines to goto EUROPE! Please help" I say no, they wont go away, damn kids. Same kid comes back 3 days later, tries his pitch again, but this time he needs 6 subscriptions....

I remind him on the 2 he said a few days ago, he gets embarrased and runs away crying. Besides, his rates sucked, $50 for Maxim for a year, plus $10 processing fee.

I feel sorry for people who pay $60 for a magazine which is $20 else where.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
I have no problem buying stuff from them despite their poor salesmanship. But disrespecting my property was the final straw for me. They left two shoe print on one of the doors. I ought to talk to their parents, but I doubt it will do any good.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Darein
Originally posted by: MacBaine
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
i would have come out with the stick first showed them whoes boss

And just think... if you had hit them... YOU would be the one to go to jail...... what a country.

And what exactly would be his reason for hitting them?

...that's what I thought. He wouldn't have one. In which case it would be right and proper for him to go to jail.

I see jokes are a thing of the past on ATOT
rolleye.gif

When it comes to beating kids, yes.

We wouldn't have to beat them if their parents raised them right. Lighten up

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: kt
I have no problem buying stuff from them despite their poor salesmanship. But disrespecting my property was the final straw for me. They left two shoe print on one of the doors. I ought to talk to their parents, but I doubt it will do any good.

Talk to the company that they work for.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
I usually answer the door to those types of people (not including kids) holding a large knife or a gun :) Usually helps

A friend of mine used to make a bad habbit of coming to my door at all hours of the night, pounding on it, running around to my bedroom window, pounding on it, running back to the front door, etc.

One night, I met him back at my door holding my 48" 440 surgical stainless Katana. I scared him sh|tless running out my door yelling and holding the Katana over my head.

How much was your Katana anyway? I've been looking for one, not necessarily 440 but just a cool looking one :)

Mine was $200.

You got rippppppppppped. I paid $225 for a combat quality forged Katana. It has actually saved my A$$ from getting cut a few times. I've got a couple of 440 stainless katanas and they are nothing but show pieces.

R

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: LordMaul

Mine was $200.

You got rippppppppppped. I paid $225 for a combat quality forged Katana. It has actually saved my A$$ from getting cut a few times. I've got a couple of 440 stainless katanas and they are nothing but show pieces.

R

Of course.
rolleye.gif
Mine came with two others. The Wagasashi and the Daito (pretty sure on that last one). It also came with a stand for all three made of stained wood.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

And just think... if you had hit them... YOU would be the one to go to jail...... what a country.

...that's what I thought. He wouldn't have one. In which case it would be right and proper for him to go to jail.

i wouldent have hit them im not THAT evil. but the look on their faces seein a dude with a hocky stick in hand answer the door lookin all pissed would have been good enough

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

i wouldent have hit them im not THAT evil. but the look on their faces seein a dude with a hocky stick in hand answer the door lookin all pissed would have been good enough

Yeah. I know how you felt, though. ;)

Masas

Feb 11, 2001
and here I am...thinking adults or your seniors (NOT elderly, just older than you)
automatically get SOME degree of respect for living longer than you have, thus, almost always, having more "life experience"....
but of course, there are boneheads that get stripped of that privilege (sp?) damn quickly...