WTH is wrong with kids nowaday..

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
So, I came home early at 5pm and hop in the shower. I hear the door bell ring a couple of times and ignored it. A few seconds later, I hear a loud bang on my door. Almost like someone was going to break in. That really got my attention. I ran out of the shower and went straight for my hockey stick. Came to the front door and look thru the eye piece. At the front door stands 2 kids, can't be anymore than 11-12 years old selling candy bars. I went ahead and open the door. I would've bought some but I didn't like the answer they gave me when I asked, "Why did you bang the door so loud?". Their answer was, "We thought no one was home." Damn, bastards.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
That's like the state newspaper, The Oregonian. They're sending small kids, maybe 8 or 10 saying that if I get a subscription, The Oregonian will donate $500 to their college fund. That's all fine and dandy, but I don't usually read the paper. I told the kid that I wasn't interested, and he goes "aw come on, Mr."

:Q :|

Then I opened the door all the way (because I was beginning to close it), opened my eyes wide, raised my voice and said "I said NO!" and the kid has the nerve to go "pssshhh whatever"

:|

Later that week, a gentleman was walking through the complex as I was coming back from getting my mail. He sold me - the right way. He'd said that it's free for two weeks (getting it daily) including the Sunday paper (the huge verson of the paper) and that if I wished to cancel, all I had to do was call. After that, I would be billed monthly at $8 per month. I said no, and he thanked me for the consideration and walked on. I was so pleased with his demeanor that I turned back around and agreed. :)

Damn kids.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
i would have come out with the stick first showed them whoes boss

And just think... if you had hit them... YOU would be the one to go to jail...... what a country.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: MacBaine
And just think... if you had hit them... YOU would be the one to go to jail...... what a country.
if you beat up little kids who are disrespectful to you, you deserve to go to jail

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

And what exactly would be his reason for hitting them?

...that's what I thought. He wouldn't have one. In which case it would be right and proper for him to go to jail.

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
bash them with the stick and then
rolleye.gif
at them :D

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Kids these days, no respect. Parents need to show some more discipline around the house. Or the hockey stick works.

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Darein
Kids these days, no respect. Parents need to show some more discipline around the house. Or the hockey stick works.

someone wishes his daddy spanked him. ;)

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: ffmcobalt
That's like the state newspaper, The Oregonian. They're sending small kids, maybe 8 or 10 saying that if I get a subscription, The Oregonian will donate $500 to their college fund. That's all fine and dandy, but I don't usually read the paper. I told the kid that I wasn't interested, and he goes "aw come on, Mr."

Then I opened the door all the way (because I was beginning to close it), opened my eyes wide, raised my voice and said "I said NO!" and the kid has the nerve to go "pssshhh whatever"

Later that week, a gentleman was walking through the complex as I was coming back from getting my mail. He sold me - the right way. He'd said that it's free for two weeks (getting it daily) including the Sunday paper (the huge verson of the paper) and that if I wished to cancel, all I had to do was call. After that, I would be billed monthly at $8 per month. I said no, and he thanked me for the consideration and walked on. I was so pleased with his demeanor that I turned back around and agreed. :)

Damn kids.

What a weenie. You stole the kid's college education.

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Zugzwang152

someone wishes his daddy spanked him. ;)

That was mom's job. Dad was the one who didn't get angry at much but when he did it was worse, because he would usually loose respect for us. Which was much worse than a spanking. I really didn't like to get my dad angry.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
I usually answer the door to those types of people (not including kids) holding a large knife or a gun :) Usually helps

A friend of mine used to make a bad habbit of coming to my door at all hours of the night, pounding on it, running around to my bedroom window, pounding on it, running back to the front door, etc.

One night, I met him back at my door holding my 48" 440 surgical stainless Katana. I scared him sh|tless running out my door yelling and holding the Katana over my head.

...he's never done it since. :D

CSFM

Oct 16, 2001
Is there any room left in the US prison system?

Although I hear there is a room going everyday in Texas! As you KILL your prisoners there... :eek: Very barbaric.

-CSFM-

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy

Damn kids.

He can pay for it his damn self with that "aw come on Mr."
Stupid little kid and his cornrolls. He wouldn't even look at me when talking. He was looking back into the apartment, and around at the ground. Sorry son, you gotta earn your college education just like everybody else. And making a sh|tty sale is no way to earn anything but learning from your mistakes.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001

...that's what I thought. He wouldn't have one. In which case it would be right and proper for him to go to jail.

I see jokes are a thing of the past on ATOT
rolleye.gif

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000

rolleye.gif

When it comes to beating kids, yes.

xospec1alk

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy

Damn kids.

He can pay for it his damn self with that "aw come on Mr."
Stupid little kid and his cornrolls. He wouldn't even look at me when talking. He was looking back into the apartment, and around at the ground. Sorry son, you gotta earn your college education just like everybody else. And making a sh|tty sale is no way to earn anything but learning from your mistakes.

wow i actually agree with nik for once...they have to work for their money...

its sick how ppl have resorted to using kids to sell stuff tho.

once at the barnes and nobles, i saw these kids selling candy, and their parent? guardian? was scolding them, and yanking em around like toys...it was despicable...

Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
I usually answer the door to those types of people (not including kids) holding a large knife or a gun :) Usually helps

A friend of mine used to make a bad habbit of coming to my door at all hours of the night, pounding on it, running around to my bedroom window, pounding on it, running back to the front door, etc.

One night, I met him back at my door holding my 48" 440 surgical stainless Katana. I scared him sh|tless running out my door yelling and holding the Katana over my head.

...he's never done it since. :D

How much was your Katana anyway? I've been looking for one, not necessarily 440 but just a cool looking one :)

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: CSFM
Is there any room left in the US prison system?

Although I hear there is a room going everyday in Texas! As you KILL your prisoners there... :eek: Very barbaric.

-CSFM-

Fukkoff.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001

rolleye.gif

When it comes to beating kids, yes.

It's practically a Simpson's quote.

Mr. Burns, after Marge served the 3-eyed fish for dinner during Burn's campaign for governor:

"And to think Smithers, if I were to have these people killed, I would be the one to go to jail."