WTH are US Commanders on the Ground Thinking?? Response to Tikrit Helicopter Downing.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
...tnitsuj...
I thought that you are a pro war cop?
What made you change your mind about the war?

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
If Tnitsuj did indeed change his mind about the war, it mus have been the unassailable reason and illuminating dialoge from the left.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Whitling
If Tnitsuj did indeed change his mind about the war, it mus have been the unassailable reason and illuminating dialoge from the left.

rolleye.gif

Give us some more of that elitist preaching
rolleye.gif

As far as I can remember he hasn't been in favor of this war for as long as he's posted here in P&N. He's just a tad more rational with some of his criticisms than the rest of you;)

CkG

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Elitist preaching? Personally, I have no opinion about Tnitsuj's stand on the war, hence the introductory clause of "If Tnitsuj did indeed change his imid. But, if it looks elitist to you, you might consider where your point of view originates.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

rolleye.gif

Give us some more of that elitist preaching
rolleye.gif

As far as I can remember he hasn't been in favor of this war for as long as he's posted here in P&N. He's just a tad more rational with some of his criticisms than the rest of you;)

CkG

How about the legal aspects of it. Now that the burglar has entered the store is he legaly allowed to improve the decor? I suppose the owner won't mind since he benefits but, the society in general should because the underlying issue or foundation is set on quicksand rather than the bed rock we demand of others and ourselves, usually.
Remember, if you enter a store with the intent of petty larceny you'll be charged with burglary as well.. (Ca. PC 459 :))

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Elitist preaching? Personally, I have no opinion about Tnitsuj's stand on the war, hence the introductory clause of "If Tnitsuj did indeed change his imid. But, if it looks elitist to you, you might consider where your point of view originates.

The "elitist" comment wasn't for him - it was for YOU. As if it would be some "unassailable" argument by the left that would change one's mind
rolleye.gif
Luny would be more correct than you, and even more correct for changing one's position would be that there haven't been any WMDs found yet or dislike for the post war handling. So anyway - your assesment that it was some uber argument from the left is quite elitist in it's positioning. WTG elitists! Woot!:p

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Caddy,
I think they are doing a rather great job in the Iraqi remodel. Much better than I thought possible under the circumstances. We've lost lives and spent $. Both of which would be better off here. But, the big picture is one that requires a stable and favorable to the US Middle East. We won't go back from the WTO nor the support for Israel nor from our Agenda for a NWO in total. Saddam had to go to bring that about. WTO won't work for us if it is euro denominated. Israel must remain viable and the NWO flows or is enabled by the WTO.

The ground commanders are dealing with the Saddamists who know they can only win by changing the support from back home here for the involvement. We better get the UN to participate and soon or support will wane notwithstanding the downside reality of that move.
We should have 'Delta Force' Folks dealing with terrorists now the basic grunt soldier.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Caddy,
I think they are doing a rather great job in the Iraqi remodel. Much better than I thought possible under the circumstances. We've lost lives and spent $. Both of which would be better off here. But, the big picture is one that requires a stable and favorable to the US Middle East. We won't go back from the WTO nor the support for Israel nor from our Agenda for a NWO in total. Saddam had to go to bring that about. WTO won't work for us if it is euro denominated. Israel must remain viable and the NWO flows or is enabled by the WTO.

The ground commanders are dealing with the Saddamists who know they can only win by changing the support from back home here for the involvement. We better get the UN to participate and soon or support will wane notwithstanding the downside reality of that move.
We should have 'Delta Force' Folks dealing with terrorists now the basic grunt soldier.

That's great Luny, but my only point was the attitude on display;)

I do agree that we've done a better job than even I thought was possible and we all know i'm one of the top 5 YABA cheerleaders here:D I however disagree that it's time for the UN to handle the rebuild. The UN has pulled out, the Red Cross has basically abandoned Iraq - both of which I see as political moves more than security moves. Yes they both got hit by bombs - but isn't that what the bombers wanted? If I thought the UN would actually follow through with Iraq(this time) then I'd support the move - but the UN has time and time again shown it has little backbone. It comes through at times but I don't trust them politically. Our boys(and girls;)) would still be there if the UN took things over - except they'd be wearing different colored hats. If the other Nations didn't support us then - why should we think that other countries would suddenly help if the UN was given the reigns? Also...provided they do help - what would it change in Iraq? Would the "resistance" suddenly start quaking in their boots and say "OK, the UN's here - let's play nice". I don't think so. They'd see it as a victory - and the people here at home that are telling us to "get out" are doing exactly what I feel the "resistance" wants to see.

Only my opinion though;)

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I guess I don't mean THE UN but, rather, the nations of the world. IF we could get all the neighborhood - of Iraq - to partake in this I think we'd share the $ and manpower burden while showing them all in Iraq that Islam is fine by us. WE both know that the only reason we have terrorist crap is because it is the only card left for the hardened supporters of Saddam and OBL.. the only alternative for them is jail or sit in the mountains looking at stars.

We don't have a big enough Army to deal with this (according to lots of folks) maybe yes - maybe no.. but, if no, then we need help and soon.

Another reason I support Clark. I think he is someone both sides can deem capable of running the show. I checked into why he was fired.. horses mouth sorta stuff.. :) I gleemed it was because he back doored his demand for troops in the Action (s) he was running. He was running something the White House wanted to run one way and the JCS support was ordered by the WH - he was alone but, he was in charge. If it were me I'd have said "I'm in charge and I give the perspective of a close eye on the situation - you want to run it - fine - fire me!" Not done in the military...

Bush has folks who are in line with him JCS and the Field Commanders.. obviously.. but, is he running the show in the best interest of all Americans.. I think it could be done better from a shared power POV.