WTF? Youtube: This video is not available in your country

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I wonder if this has anything to do with last weeks YouTube outage. I think Pakistan was the cause. Maybe Soviet Russia is pulling something similar? :(

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Safeway
I wonder if this has anything to do with last weeks YouTube outage. I think Pakistan was the cause. Maybe Soviet Russia is pulling something similar? :(

I think you're correct in sorts. I did a quick google search on the title of the thread, seems assorted countries are now blocking other countries from viewing videos that originated from their respective countries.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
Originally posted by: Safeway

I think you're correct in sorts. I did a quick google search on the title of the thread, seems assorted countries are now blocking other countries from viewing videos that originated from their respective countries.

Great. That reminds me of Nazi Germany putting on a happy face for the rest of the Western world. Censorship on a global level.

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Does this mean that Uhohs will not be posting as much? ;)

Kidding aside, I really hate for other countries to start following suite. Last I checked, this is ONE world and by this time we should start as an effort to unify as humankind. And I really do despise regioning of media - for what? marketing? propaganda? isolation?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
If you're feeling Lost, try this link...

and may I ask for the link of the video that you can't view as of late?

Damn. Lynda Carter was so hot back then. That Wonder Woman outfit..oh wait.

Use the search words in my second post.

Yep, I'm getting the same "This video is not available in your country" message...

That's odd, but what's not odd is how hot Lynda Carter was/and still is...

We need to get an Attorney on this!

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Imaginer
Does this mean that Uhohs will not be posting as much? ;)

Kidding aside, I really hate for other countries to start following suite. Last I checked, this is ONE world and by this time we should start as an effort to unify as humankind. And I really do despise regioning of media - for what? marketing? propaganda? isolation?

I agree. Why would any country limit information from being viewed by other countries. Wouldn't they want other cultures to learn about theirs? Not that an 8 mile battle vid hosted in Germany or whatever is important..but you know what I mean.