WTF? The Ritz-Carlton in Chicago is the best hotel in North America and the third best hotel on Earth?

Aug 10, 2001
The readers of Condé Nast Traveler must be smoking something. The hotel is nice, but it's not THAT nice.

1) Boyer Les Crayères, Reims - 96.0
2) The Peninsula, Hong Kong - 95.8
3) Ritz-Carlton, Chicago - 95.5
3) Table Bay Hotel, Cape Town - 95.5
5) Four Seasons, Istanbul 95.4

Shantanu

Banned
Feb 6, 2001
Are you upset that it trumped the Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town? I'm sure that's a lovely place.

"Eh, you kill the whitey mon. I just gonna steal his bags."

The Four Seasons in Istanbul must be a real crown jewel too.

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Shantanu
Are you upset that it trumped the Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town? I'm sure that's a lovely place.

"Eh, you kill the whitey mon. I just gonna steal his bags."

I believe the ranking is based on the hotel, not the city they are located in.

pg22

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2000
Ritz-Carlton in Washington, DC wasn't *all* that great except for free membership to the Sports Club LA (ya I know...lol).

But man was that gym cool.....I think they pay $150 a MONTH and their initiation is like $600.

I thought 24 Hour was expensive :Q

Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Shantanu[/i]
I'm surprised because I've been to the Ritz-Carlton Chicago (which is really a Four Seasons hotel) a few times, and I never thought it was that spectacular. (It's located at Water Tower Place, BTW.)

You'd be surprised where some of the nicest hotels and resorts in the world are located.

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Vespasian
Originally posted by: Shantanu[/i]
I'm shocked because I've been to Ritz-Carlton Chicago (which is really a Four Seasons hotel) numerous times, and I never though it was all the great. (It's located at Water Tower Place, BTW.)

You'd be surprised where some of the nicest hotels and resorts on the planet are located.

I've heard interesthing things about Dubai.

-PAB

Liviathan

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2001
Is Misleading...the Ritz Carlton in Chicago is a FOUR SEASONS hotel. They have some naming rights agreement because there use to be a Ritz Carlton at Water Tower Place back in the 60's. It failed and Four Seasons scooped it up but Ritz still had a lease on the property.

I have stayed at that Four Seasons, and it is the shitznick.....Actually any four season is amazing. Ther service is great, people friednly.

I actually met John Madden there last year, saw Mick Jagger and Keith Richards when they were in Chicago in Sept. doing there concerts.