WTF! Reuters reporters have been reading too many message boards.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
baby pigs on highway

"If these had been full-grown hogs, they would have gone ballistic," Watson said. "We would of had to shoot them." (emphasis added)

That really pisses me off to see 4th grade internet grammar on CNN.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: PipBoy
baby pigs on highway

"If these had been full-grown hogs, they would have gone ballistic," Watson said. "We would of had to shoot them." (emphasis added)

I don't see what the problem is, seeing that they're qouting someone else. The reporter himself didn't make the mistake, he's just qouting someone else.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: OS
baby pigs on highway

I don't see what the problem is, seeing that they're qouting someone else. The reporter himself didn't make the mistake, he's just qouting someone else.

He's quoting someone's spoken words. No matter how dumbly you say "would of" or "would've", a reporter should know the right way to write it.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
baby pigs on highway

I'm with you on this one. Makes one wonder what credentials these guys have.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: OS
baby pigs on highway

He's quoting someone's spoken words. No matter how dumbly you say "would of" or "would've", a reporter should know the right way to write it.

"Would have" would of been better. ;)