WTF Pizza hut

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: DougK62
Can you not go down there in person and talk to the people?

Kind of defeats the purpose of delivery. ;)

I'm talking about to resolve this issue. If you aren't having luck getting restitution by telephone then why not stop by in person?

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: George P Burdell
That sucks man, write to the company or better still, write to Comsumerist

I've posted three comments on the Consumerist in the last 4 days, and none of them have been approved. They should rename the site the COMMUNIST, because they try to silence anyone who disagrees with them.

I could not agree more and on top of that they blow things way out of proportion. It's kind of ridiculous shock jock news that they're trying for. Idiotic if you ask me, IMHO.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Juno
now you make me crave for some pizza hut.

is p'zone any good??

I thought they weren't too bad, other people say they taste like crap. I'm not the type of person who turns my nose up at chain food even though I live in NJ where the best pizza in the world is made by real Italians. I think I'll have a P'zone for dinner tonight.

Oct 25, 2006
Once I went to Michigan and ordered a pizza.

As I orderded I heard the person going. "Do you want pot with that?"

I was like o_0

I asked him to say that again, and he said again "Do you want pot with that"

I froze for a second and thought about it. Then I realized that he was saying "pop"

I was like "Ohh, soda... who the hell says pop anymore"

Of course, it then took about 2 hours to arrive, probably because the frat house down the block ordered like 10 pies from the same place.

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Juno
now you make me crave for some pizza hut.

is p'zone any good??

I thought they weren't too bad, other people say they taste like crap. I'm not the type of person who turns my nose up at chain food even though I live in NJ where the best pizza in the world is made by real Italians. I think I'll have a P'zone for dinner tonight.

i live in nj too, i love local pizza joints. i never tried pizza hut's p'zone so i thought, why not giving it a try.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: tenshodo13

I was like o_0

I froze for a second and thought about it. Then I realized that he was saying "pop"

Of course, it then took about 2 hours to arrive, probably because the frat house down the block ordered like 10 pies from the same place.

Oooh, last time I went to Michigan I found a chain called Hungry Howies, I thought their thin crust pizza was surprisingly good for a midwest chain pizza place. I liked the flavored crusts.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: tenshodo13

I was like o_0

Oooh, last time I went to Michigan I found a chain called Hungry Howies, I thought their thin crust pizza was surprisingly good for a midwest chain pizza place. I liked the flavored crusts.

Yep. That was the place. Their Garlic and Spicy crusts are awesome.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I went to sign up for pizza hut online because they just opened one near the house here. It said the address was invalid (this address has existed for over 30 years). So we called...and they said "yeah the website isn't very good, better off calling anyway". :confused: In Phoenix i ordered on the website tons of times with no problems ever.

oznerol

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2002
www.lorenzoisawesome.com
Originally posted by: Rip the Jacker
I order 2 pizzas @ 7 PM last night and they never get delivered. I call at 9 PM and some guy picks up.. He asks for my phone #, after I tell him what's going on he says it's still being "delivered". at 10 pm I call back again, and some indian lady picks up and I ask her what's going on and she responds with some mumbo jumbo that I can't understand, only words I could pick up were "address please sir". I ask her that the guy previously asked me for my phone number, but she insists on address (WTF?) and mentions something about a "hard drive" (probably meant database). So I give her my address and she says there were no orders.. WTF

I have an account at pizzahut and that order is being shown as a "previous order". I called today and the same indian lady picks up, I tell her I ordered pizza last night and it was never delivered.. she starts laughing a little and then says sir hold on.. I wait like an idiot 10-15 minutes on the phone and get a busy signal.

ZWTF people with HEAVY ACCENTS who can not be understood and assholes should not be working retail.

Not to be overly racist, but the fact that Indian people are making you pizza should be enough indication that you should look elsewhere for a quality pie.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: ducci
I order 2 pizzas @ 7 PM last night and they never get delivered. I call at 9 PM and some guy picks up.. He asks for my phone #, after I tell him what's going on he says it's still being "delivered". at 10 pm I call back again, and some indian lady picks up and I ask her what's going on and she responds with some mumbo jumbo that I can't understand, only words I could pick up were "address please sir". I ask her that the guy previously asked me for my phone number, but she insists on address (WTF?) and mentions something about a "hard drive" (probably meant database). So I give her my address and she says there were no orders.. WTF

I have an account at pizzahut and that order is being shown as a "previous order". I called today and the same indian lady picks up, I tell her I ordered pizza last night and it was never delivered.. she starts laughing a little and then says sir hold on.. I wait like an idiot 10-15 minutes on the phone and get a busy signal.

ZWTF people with HEAVY ACCENTS who can not be understood and assholes should not be working retail.

Not to be overly racist, but the fact that Indian people are making you pizza should be enough indication that you should look elsewhere for a quality pie.
You're not being racist - anyone who wants to work retail in America, where the population speaks English, and plans to cater to this group, under a franchise license, should understand the requirements. The statement I just made can be applied to anyone and is common sense, I am NOT singling out Indians, PLEASE understand that.

(reason for bolded text at the end is because I've been called out a few times even though I try hard to not be offensive)

oznerol

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2002
www.lorenzoisawesome.com
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo

You're not being racist - anyone who wants to work retail in America, where the population speaks English, and plans to cater to this group, under a franchise license, should understand the requirements. The statement I just made can be applied to anyone and is common sense, I am NOT singling out Indians, PLEASE understand that.

(reason for bolded text at the end is because I've been called out a few times even though I try hard to not be offensive)

Well you missed my point, I think. I'm not greatly concerned with the language barrier. For example, if it was, say, an Italian guy speaking broken English - I'd at least have a bit more confidence that the pizza I was waiting so long for would be worth the wait.

If it was an Indian place and I was getting some Tikka Masala, I'd feel the same way.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo

Well you missed my point, I think. I'm not greatly concerned with the language barrier. For example, if it was, say, an Italian guy speaking broken English - I'd at least have a bit more confidence that the pizza I was waiting so long for would be worth the wait.

If it was an Indian place and I was getting some Tikka Masala, I'd feel the same way.

I agree that I'd have more confidence in a pizza made by an Italian guy (I even alluded to that in a post above), but when you're dealing with a franchise everything is standardized anyway. It's pretty tough to screw it up regardless. Of course there are a lot of people who won't eat at a chain regardless, and I don't imagine many Indian-owned pizza places would be successful if not a chain, so you have a point there. I prefer a good homemade pizza or a pizza from one of the Italian-owned local places myself, but I'll eat at a chain occasionally if I'm not concerned about the diarrhea that will likely follow. I really like Papa John's actually. Pizza Hut... not as much.

Edit: Just looked at your profile - where in NJ do you live? I live in Somerset County. We have some GREAT pizza places around here. So far though I haven't found anything better than Nicolosi's in Phillipsburg (Warren County, right by Delware River)

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Go online and complain to pizzahut.com. We did that and ended up getting $20 free plus a credit for our order. The one near us sucks. You call in, they put you on hold. 10 minutes later you hang up and call back again and get put on hold again, etc. My wife called one time on her way home from somewhere and got put on hold. 15 minutes later as she pulled into their parking lot they finally picked up. Then they left off part of the order besides.

I much prefer other places but none are around here except Papa Murphys but weren't in the mood for that that day.

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005

DUDE wait, its takes time to fly from one side of the world to the other!!

:p go to the store and tell them whos boss!

oznerol

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2002
www.lorenzoisawesome.com

Edit: Just looked at your profile - where in NJ do you live? I live in Somerset County. We have some GREAT pizza places around here. So far though I haven't found anything better than Nicolosi's in Phillipsburg (Warren County, right by Delware River)

I'm in Union county (Linden). Any of the local places around here are all about the same - even when they're bad they're still pretty good.

I'd go to them over the big chains any day - though my girlfriend is a sucker for pizza commercials, so we make the rare trip to Dominoes or Pizza Hut or wherever.

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
i love santino's in livingston, nj.

their grilled chicken pizza was absolutely the best.