WTF OMF. Palin did not know who was in NAFTA? Didn't know Africa was a continent?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

You are so desperate to justify your hate that you will jump on any story that backs your belief that she is an idiot.

We don't need a story to tell us she's an idiot. Her own words do that.

Proof 1
Proof 2

It was a bad interview. Get over it. :roll:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: cubby1223
It was a bad interview. Get over it. :roll:

Lol, it really was, and you're the one who needs to get over it.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Can somone provide proof that that she's not actually dumber than a box of rocks? I didn't think so. Yet her fifteen minutes apparently will continue adnauseum.

blinky8225

Nov 23, 2004
Well, it's hoax, but I wonder why she took the time to defend herself...

?I don't know, because I remember the discussion about Africa, my concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur and the relevance to me with that issue, as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent, the relevance was Alaska's investment in Darfur with some of our permanent fund dollars, I wanted to make sure that that didn't happen anymore.?

http://thepage.time.com/excerp...terview-with-fox-news/

It seems odd that she would take her time to defend something that never happened. The interview is barely readable, though.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
This story illustrates that the people who hate Palin are as irrational as the people who hate Obama.

You are so desperate to justify your hate that you will jump on any story that backs your belief that she is an idiot.

Sort of like Homer and his "I really believe someone said the N word at that rally and no amount of proof that it didn't happen will make me change my mind."

She's ignorant, not an idiot. The idiots are the ones who thought she'd be a good VP.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
I wish she would go back to the virtual oblivion she was in before this election.

But she won't. She's the tiger who has tasted the blood of national politics and limelight and now can't get enough of it. She's trying to be all over the media and in the national spotlight.

She's narrow minded, ambitious, divisive and lacks intellectual curiosity. Not the poperson we want on the national stage.

Why can't we just ignore her?

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Palin may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but she's looking at least as smart as all you hacks who participated in this circle jerk that was based on nothing but rumors.

Truth is she out "foxed" all of you. :laugh:

Nov 30, 2006
I'm not a Palin fan but this whole thing smells like a huge media turd to me. Damn...MSNBC didn't even make the slightest effort to vet this hatchet job...WTF!!! Media bias...oh please tell me it isn't so for the millionth time...time for some here to wake up and take off their blinders...I won't hold my breath.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: nobodyknows
Palin may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but she's looking at least as smart as all you hacks who participated in this circle jerk that was based on nothing but rumors.

Wrong, she out-foxed my vote for McCain to Obama.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: SP33Demon

Wrong, she out-foxed my vote for McCain to Obama.

Sorry, but on this story which broke AFTER the election she outfoxed the left by refusing to comment on baseless accusations which have now been proven to be nothing more then a hoax.

But please, continue to make a fool of yourself and show us how much smarter all you Obama supporters really are. :p

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
What's funny is that the perception of her from the Presidential Campaign made this hoax believable.

Nov 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
What's funny is that the perception of her from the Presidential Campaign made this hoax believable.
I'll tell you what's funny...those who actually believe things based on the perception that it's believable. Sheep don't give a shit that they're constantly misled and manipulated....after all...it's what they want to believe and that trumps all.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008

So says the guy who was spreading the rumor that Cindy McCain and Micheal Bolton "have a thing going on".

Rumor is that Cindy and Michael Bolton have a thing going on.

Got any proof??

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

So says the guy who was spreading the rumor that Cindy McCain and Micheal Bolton "have a thing going on".

Got any proof??
Do you have to wear a helmet when you go outside?
I thought it was rather obvious I was being facetious but I guess there are those who need to have things spelled out for them. No PeeWee, there isn't any proof because I was being sarcastic.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Doc Savage Fan
I'll tell you what's funny...those who actually believe things based on the perception that it's believable. Sheep don't give a shit that they're constantly misled and manipulated....after all...it's what they want to believe and that trumps all.
Hey it was your News Source that broke the story

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm not a Palin fan but this whole thing smells like a huge media turd to me. Damn...MSNBC didn't even make the slightest effort to vet this hatchet job...WTF!!! Media bias...oh please tell me it isn't so for the millionth time...time for some here to wake up and take off their blinders...I won't hold my breath.

It was Fox News, not MSNBC, that reported this. I guess that shows we can trust the news end of Fox News just as much as its commentary end.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008

Got any proof??
I thought it was rather obvious I was being facetious but I guess there are those who need to have things spelled out for them. No PeeWee, there isn't any proof because I was being sarcastic.

Oh cool, name calling and insults. How invigorating!! There's nothing like the smell of insults in the morning. Tell me, do you think you have a monopoly on sarcasm?? ;) LOL, ohh shit, now look what you've done, you got me laughing.

IMO, what you want to pass off as sarcasm seems to me to be nothing but straight up trolling.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: Thump553

It was Fox News, not MSNBC, that reported this. I guess that shows we can trust the news end of Fox News just as much as its commentary end.

That was already addressed in this thread.

Originally posted by: counterstrikedude
Originally posted by: Brainonska511
Originally posted by: alien42
why is this thread still here?

op has yet to provide any sources.
the sources are known - http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581/page/1

just because you do not agree with reality doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

i just read the article twice and mentions nothing about africa.

FAIL.

I'm pretty sure I found this video earlier in this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

so now fox is no longer faux as long as it enforces ur own pathetic agenda?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Got any proof??

Oh cool, name calling and insults. How invigorating!! There's nothing like the smell of insults in the morning. Tell me, do you think you have a monopoly on sarcasm?? ;) LOL, ohh shit, now look what you've done, you got me laughing.

IMO, what you want to pass off as sarcasm seems to me to be nothing but straight up trolling.
Sorry, I figured the story was ridiculous to begin with and by adding a post with such an outlandish claim it would be in the spirit of that thread. I didn't take into account that there were those who took the National Enquirer as a credible News Source. I guess I overestimated your common sense.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Did I miss something? From what I read the only 'hoax' was some guy taking the credit for the leak, but that he wasn't the leaker, so there is no info to discredit the story?

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
Did I miss something? From what I read the only 'hoax' was some guy taking the credit for the leak, but that he wasn't the leaker, so there is no info to discredit the story?

Yeah, I don't get why we're calling the story itself a hoax either.. I mean, the story itself says its probably not

'The pranksters behind Eisenstadt acknowledge that he was not, through them, the anonymous source of the Palin leak. He just claimed falsely that he was the leaker--and they say they have no reason to cast doubt on the original story. For its part, Fox News Channel continues to stand behind its story."

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Fox News of all places would not run a story negative to Palin unless they knew the sources were legit. I don't buy this hoax BS at all.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so. I was pretty skeptical of this "story" from the beginning.

Doesn't mean I like her, but come on, she's not that dumb.