WTF!!! NOOOO!!!!!! My ut2k4 DVD is...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Atlantean
Originally posted by: Adul
it installed!!! :D

backup copy time!

Let me know how your backup copy works, cause I made one with my computer and it gave me the message "Please insert the original disk and not a backup" when I tried to run the game from the back up... what program should I be using?

I usually load the cd image to the hard drive using Daemon Tools and play it from there. I know there are No-CD cracks for games that people also use.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
farking crap.

trying to make a backup with my Blindwrite utility and load the image via Daemon Tools and it won't friggin work. Blindwrite limits the files sizes to 2gig and then starts on the next file, and Daemon tools doesn't like it. Any ideas?

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX
farking crap.

trying to make a backup with my Blindwrite utility and load the image via Daemon Tools and it won't friggin work. Blindwrite limits the files sizes to 2gig and then starts on the next file, and Daemon tools doesn't like it. Any ideas?

try alcohol 120%

phonemonkey

Feb 2, 2003
Originally posted by: murphy55d
farking crap.

try alcohol 120%

Tried Alcohol. When I load it up, I get emulator detected errors (there isn't an option for the emulation type). I do know you can run it with a cracked EXE, so that combo would still work.

Hint: Think GCW, and you'll find it.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4
OWNED! :D

Kicks you

it comes on DVD, free logitech headset, and there is a 2nd DVD with Bonus items.

what logitech headset is it? i got one a couple months ago and it blows. the microphone swivel wont stay put anymore and the whole thing is uncomfortable and hhurts my ears, and my brothers (he got the same set as i did)

hve to check the model, wouldnt want them for free even, hope the people who got them didnt get sucky ones

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: tranceport
I wasn't being an ass.. I was justifiying backing up a game.

Heh. How can he back up a game that is farked up before he even gets it?

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
I went through this with a UT2k3 CD not long ago and I picked up a cheap scratch repair kit from J and R. It was like $7 and it actually worked!

I got my SE last night and I found the headset to be quite comfy. I also think releasing it this way was a great call by Epic and/or Atari. I love having only 1 disc to install the game from and the DVD case puts the cheesy paper sleeves from the 3 CD UT2k3 release to shame. Most of the new maps I've seen are excellent too. ONS-Frostbite is a bit odd as there's only one node to fight over, but I only got stuck on one mesh in an hour or so of gaming last night. Also, I found a Rocket Launcher on an ONS map, which made me very happy.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: jester79
Originally posted by: murphy55d
farking crap.

try alcohol 120%

Tried Alcohol. When I load it up, I get emulator detected errors (there isn't an option for the emulation type). I do know you can run it with a cracked EXE, so that combo would still work.
Ditto that. Got a good image with Alcohol 120, but when mounted with that or Daemon tools, UT2k4 barks at you and dies.

Hopefully a fix will so come about.

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Originally posted by: xSauronx
Originally posted by: NFS4
OWNED! :D

Kicks you

it comes on DVD, free logitech headset, and there is a 2nd DVD with Bonus items.

what logitech headset is it? i got one a couple months ago and it blows. the microphone swivel wont stay put anymore and the whole thing is uncomfortable and hhurts my ears, and my brothers (he got the same set as i did)

hve to check the model, wouldnt want them for free even, hope the people who got them didnt get sucky ones

It comes with these ones except blue instead of red for the earpiece color. Other than that everything else is the exact same... not bad a $25 headset free with the game.

tranceport

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
www.thesystemsengineer.com

Which is probably why he snapped and called me an ass lol..

If the dvd was scratched out of the box that calls for a return and a company call.

I know EB opens games and lets their employees play them then bring them back in. We don't buy there any more....

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Mine is still in my drive and BFV disk three is in my CD-RW drive since I am sure both these disks have to be in the drives to play. And who the hell is going to make an image of a DVD? I am sure it is a few gbs.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Staples
Mine is still in my drive and BFV disk three is in my CD-RW drive since I am sure both these disks have to be in the drives to play. And who the hell is going to make an image of a DVD? I am sure it is a few gbs.

Oh no, a few gigs! When 250 gig drives are $130 after MIR, a few gigs isn't worth worrying about.

BTW, I thought the headset was USB...

Viper GTS

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

If the dvd was scratched out of the box that calls for a return and a company call.

I know EB opens games and lets their employees play them then bring them back in. We don't buy there any more....

you just quoted yourself...you really are a fvcking idiot. how can you reply to yourself??? this is a brand new level of n00b/retard.

you were being an ass whether you meant to be or not. how can he back something up that is broken? duhhhh im a retard! derr!

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan

you just quoted yourself...you really are a fvcking idiot. how can you reply to yourself??? this is a brand new level of n00b/retard.

you were being an ass whether you meant to be or not. how can he back something up that is broken? duhhhh im a retard! derr!

ahahahahaha its to funny when people quote themselves on here. haha and yes you are an asshat stupid guy. He just got the game you moron.