WTF, Japan

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: jagec
...a book with tips on how to dress even the nerdiest children like ?pseudohoodlums? to fend off schoolyard bullies.
I wonder how many of those "tips" come from exported American culture.

Originally posted by: AnthroAndStargate
Turfzilla... Just so you know I wouldn't call a Japanese person a "Jap" to their face. Thats a throwback to the WWII days when America put Japanese families into internment camps so they couldn't use a flashlight to topple American democracy from the West Coast *sarcasm*.

Just a friendly word of advice. :)

Actually, it predates the internment camps.

Could be worse, we could have forced them to build a railroad in Burma.

The benign usage of "n****r" predates its own usage as a slur. It doesn't take away from the fact that it is primarily a slur nowadays, just like "jap".

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Of course this doesn't exactly represent Japan as a whole, seeing as how this is just a few whackos trying to sell a preposterous product...

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
This could cause crime. What happens when people start sticking their yen into the slots and banging on the Coke machine because nothing is coming out?

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
"It is just easier for Japanese to hide,? Ms. Tsukioka said. ?Making a scene would be too embarrassing.?

That pretty sums of Japan...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: KarmaPolice
"It is just easier for Japanese to hide,? Ms. Tsukioka said. ?Making a scene would be too embarrassing.?

That pretty sums of Japan...
With such a level of trying to show poise all the time, it's no wonder they're the place that invented bu***e.

RiverDog

Mar 15, 2007
Originally posted by: Fritzo
This could cause crime. What happens when people start sticking their yen into the slots and banging on the Coke machine because nothing is coming out?

Adds new meaning to the term "Banging the coke machine" :D

Engraver

Jun 5, 2007
I can see the headlines now.

"Man assaults woman, found 12 hours later disguised as a panty vending machine."