WTF is wrong with you MSNBC?!?

Oct 16, 1999
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rick-tyler-rubio-video-blown-up
Tyler posted a video to Twitter and Facebook that appeared to show Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) saying that there are "not many answers" in the Bible. Rubio actually said that "all the answers" are in the Bible. Tyler removed the video when he realized the error and apologized, but Cruz ultimately asked Tyler to resign.

Tyler, who has now become an MSNBC contributor, said on Friday that he was "not mad" that he was let go.

MSNBC's Chuck Todd asked Tyler if he was fired because Cruz was disappointed in him or because "they had accumulated too much baggage."

Not too much baggage for cable news "journalism," right Chuck "truth isn't our job" Todd?

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Are you saying Chuck soft-balled him? Seriously I am probably being dense here but why the rage?

Oct 16, 1999
It's not about him being conservative, it's about him being a dishonest weasel. This guy is not a week out from the scandal that cost him his position in Cruz's campaign, was most likely behind the sketchiness in Iowa before it, and MSNBC couldn't wait to cut him a paycheck. He sums the issue up perfectly well himself:
And look, I believe Marco Rubio is a Bible-believing Christian. I had no doubt about that when I tweeted it," Tyler replied. "Part of my judgment is I didn’t realize how much that would be twisted up and blown up, and it was.
It's like if Fox News hired those black women who told the whopper about the hate crime as social commentators.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
All campaigns are pushing the boundaries and doing trashy things. He just got found out. He probably brings an interesting perspective.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
What is wrong with MSNBC? Nothing.. it's John McCain's favorite channel.. it's conservative apart from Rachel Maddow.

If we want a real progressive channel, look at the Young Turks, and you don't even need cable subscription for that.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
What is wrong with MSNBC? Nothing.. it's John McCain's favorite channel.. it's conservative apart from Rachel Maddow.

lol, that's some funnies.

If we want a real regressive leftist shit show channel, look at the Young Turks, and you don't even need cable subscription for that.

ftfy

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Lol the young turks, the show that lost several of its own reporters because it was being intentionally obtuse about islamic terror attacks, always blaming white right wingers for them before the facts came out and misrepresenting the position reformers in the Muslim community as being self hating muslims.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Yeah, MSNBC's 8 hour marathon of Morning Joe proves just how libruuul MSNBC really is!

And Chris Matthews smashing Bernie's head into a concrete wall on the townhall recently.

Gotta love lib anchors right?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
He's just a "contributor".

And I would imagine his value is right now since he has been participating in the campaign/election. Who will care about his insights after the election?

Fern

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
And Chris Matthews smashing Bernie's head into a concrete wall on the townhall recently.

Gotta love lib anchors right?

Some shit-tier poll taken of the political beliefs of the media dozens of years ago reveals that - gasp- a majority of them are liberal. You know, having gone to college, having travelled and dealt with different people, different societies, and needing to get along with all of those different groups of people to be effective.

So clearly, the media is liberally biased, because individuals leaned Democratic.

It's the same way that reality is liberally biased, as most scientists lean Democratic.

It's why we have to teach the controversy!

Observing reality is a liberal bias.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Lets see...
MSNBC was the first and only to bring us the Flint water scandal.
And point out it was a republican governor that took over the Flint government.
The first and only when Christie closed down a bridge for political payback.
And we can go way back to Cheney outing CIA agent Valerie Plame.
No one cared. CNN and certainly not Fox cared until MSNBC opened up peoples eyes.
If you heard it first, you were watching MSNBC.
If you heard it three months later, your watching Fox and CNN.

Remember RNC chairman Michael Steele?
He does MSNBC.
And I love watching his head explode with attempts to defend his republican party.
Especially defending the republican presidential debates.
Now THAT'S entertainment. ;)

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Lets see...
MSNBC was the first and only to bring us the Flint water scandal.
And point out it was a republican governor that took over the Flint government.
The first and only when Christie closed down a bridge for political payback.
And we can go way back to Cheney outing CIA agent Valerie Plame.
No one cared. CNN and certainly not Fox cared until MSNBC opened up peoples eyes.
If you heard it first, you were watching MSNBC.
If you heard it three months later, your watching Fox and CNN.

Remember RNC chairman Michael Steele?
He does MSNBC.
And I love watching his head explode with attempts to defend his republican party.
Especially defending the republican presidential debates.
Now THAT'S entertainment. ;)

Yup, sounds like a post by someone who watches MSNBC: Facts all messed up.. E.g., thinks it was Cheney when everyone knows it was Richard Armitrage.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage acknowledged Thursday that he was the source who first revealed the identity of CIA officer Valerie Plame to syndicated columnist Robert Novak back in 2003, touching off a federal investigation.

Armitage told the CBS Evening News that he did so inadvertently.

"I feel terrible," Armitage said. "Every day, I think, I let down the president. I let down the secretary of state. I let down my department, my family, and I also let down Mr. and Mrs. Wilson."

Fern

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Yup this is a good decision. I lost all faith in her after viewing this exchange:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdtAxXGh-Y

Yes I saw this on TV. To lecture someone like she did about a topic that is hardly related to the discussion is insulting.

Seems like MSNBC isn't too interested in keeping her happy or around.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/me...y-from-msnbc-show/ar-BBq3QVC?OCID=ansmsnent11

she interrupts to complain about the term "hard worker"? then turns into a slavery issue?

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
If we want a real progressive channel, look at the Young Turks, and you don't even need cable subscription for that.
They've been dead to me ever since the Anthony Cumia scandal, which was mid 2014. They were caught making up the most obvious lies, saying he was taking pervy pictures of prostitutes. Anthony really was an amateur photographer, and there were hundreds of pictures online to prove this. They did absolutely no fact checking before commenting on the situation. I'm not the only liberal to turn on them. Rubin jumped ship, and his interview on Joe Rogan's podcast was very enlightening. Sargon of Akkad has also made several videos of their other insane positions on things. TYT becoming Fox News

The term "Regressive Left" seems like an accurate way of describing modern media. It's becoming hard to tell the difference between tradcons and progressives.