WTF is wrong with people?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
From what I understand Nike has nothing to do with these shoes. They’re coming from a group called MSCHF, which is basically a group of artists and grifters or whatever. Previous projects include “Jesus shoes” which were Air Jordans with holy water from the River Jordan in the soles and “Birkinstock” sandals, made from real Birkin bags.

Although ... Kristi Noem has clearly solved all of South Dakota’s problems, because thats why she would be on Twitter complaining about "Lil Nas X’s" new line of sneakers.

Noem - "Our kids are being told that this kind of product is, not only okay, it's "exclusive." But do you know what's more exclusive? Their God-given eternal soul. We are in a fight for the soul of our nation. We need to fight hard. And we need to fight smart. We have to win."

I’m honestly not sure who is dumber - anyone taking that marketing hype seriously enough to want to buy the shoes or anyone taking that marketing hype seriously enough to believe that they’re actually “Satanic”. But I’m sure the makers are laughing all the way to the bank in either case.

Kristi is scrambling to salvage her conservative standing. She vetoed the Transgender Athlete Bill on the grounds that it should not include college athletics because that could lead to boycotts and got a lesson in how quickly one can go from hero to zero among Trump followers.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
1. Didn't know that that was a "delusion".

2. Yes, I thought that they actually believed that they were worshiping something that existed. Otherwise, what's behind the whole drinking blood and sacrificing virgins thing?

We gave those two things up ages ago!
After the whole AIDS thing the blood testing got too expensive and... well... have you tried finding a regular source of virgins nowadays!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Noem - "Our kids are being told that this kind of product is, not only okay, it's "exclusive."
That's plain old capitalism at work, you stupid ninny! You know, the god you ACTUALLY worship with your deeds?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I don't get it.
:confused:

It's fine if you don't get it or find any tangible meaning to it. It's a Brooklyn based Art collective project. Not every piece has to click with people.
However, the fact is, that it did illicit a reaction from you. It upset you enough to post a thread about it.

A good question would be why does some small niche art house project of the month upset you?
Technicalities over "claimed" drop of artist blood?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Money fixes most shit.

$1000 sneakers is a lot of money for sneakers.

Sneaker culture in general is pretty bizarre.
Watching block long lines of people form outside of some NYC shoes store for some limited release sneaker is just....weird.
Apparently the underground market is nuts

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Um... do you actually believe that second point is a thing that happens?
Satanism is largely about having a good time and freaking out Christians (with a healthy side of working towards religious freedom, these days).
It's atheism with flair. They don't believe in any god, and logically it follows there's no Satan either.

Hmm... Ok..

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
It's fine if you don't get it or find any tangible meaning to it. It's a Brooklyn based Art collective project. Not every piece has to click with people.
However, the fact is, that it did illicit a reaction from you. It upset you enough to post a thread about it.

A good question would be why does some small niche art house project of the month upset you?
Technicalities over "claimed" drop of artist blood?

You're saying that he gave 666 drops of his OWN blood? :astonished:

Either way, selling human material is still illegal in the United States.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

No
I'm saying I read your own post which clearly states (copy pasted below)
A MSCHF spokesperson said the blood had been provided by members of the art collective, adding: "We love to sacrifice for our art." The group also confirmed to CNN that Nike was "not involved in this in any capacity."

Reactions: Viper1j

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

I blame you for me having to look some of this up.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Do I need te change my keyboard layout to make a £ ?

Nope. On gboard long press $ gets you to £, amongst other currencies. On pc just look up the extended ascii code and do alt-numpad number

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Nope. On gboard long press $ gets you to £, amongst other currencies. On pc just look up the extended ascii code and do alt-numpad number
I just press the £ key, a short burst of "Rule Britannia" plays, the Queen pops up and nods approvingly and God's own currency symbol appears.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and esquared

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hey Kristi,

What make you think the Satan he worships is any better then the one you worship?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I blame you for me having to look some of this up.

And how much did they get for selling that?

I'm betting less than $1018.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
From what I understand Nike has nothing to do with these shoes. They’re coming from a group called MSCHF, which is basically a group of artists and grifters or whatever. Previous projects include “Jesus shoes” which were Air Jordans with holy water from the River Jordan in the soles and “Birkinstock” sandals, made from real Birkin bags.

Although ... Kristi Noem has clearly solved all of South Dakota’s problems, because thats why she would be on Twitter complaining about "Lil Nas X’s" new line of sneakers.

Noem - "Our kids are being told that this kind of product is, not only okay, it's "exclusive." But do you know what's more exclusive? Their God-given eternal soul. We are in a fight for the soul of our nation. We need to fight hard. And we need to fight smart. We have to win."

I’m honestly not sure who is dumber - anyone taking that marketing hype seriously enough to want to buy the shoes or anyone taking that marketing hype seriously enough to believe that they’re actually “Satanic”. But I’m sure the makers are laughing all the way to the bank in either case.

Kristi is scrambling to salvage her conservative standing. She vetoed the Transgender Athlete Bill on the grounds that it should not include college athletics because that could lead to boycotts and got a lesson in how quickly one can go from hero to zero among Trump followers.
Souls are so important she ensured her state sent more than its fair share to their great reward with horrible covid polices. She doesn't have a moral leg to stand on. Fuck her.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Souls are so important she ensured her state sent more than its fair share to their great reward with horrible covid polices. She doesn't have a moral leg to stand on. Fuck her.

Would you?

Fuck her?

All things aside, she's not an unattractive woman.

1617047193843.png

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
And how much did they get for selling that?

I'm betting less than $1018.
That's a subject change now isn't it.
You brought up the subject of blood.
I'm pointing out that blood in art is a thing.

You're probably going to be super confused if you saw what some sneakers go for.
Some who are into footwear might look at a pair of arthouse sneakers @ $1018 as a bargain.