WTF is the appeal of the wu-tang clan?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Saw these guys @Rock the Bells. too many guys, too many mics, too much non-coherent blabbering.

In contrast, Cypress Hill did a pretty good show, as did the Roots. But WU TANG, WTF?!

please, enlighten.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
what you saw was the shell of what used to be the wu-tang clan. don't assume that the two are the same thing.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
nothing we can say will be able to answer your question. They rocked the crowd when I saw them on randalls island everyone had 'W's in the air as far as you could see. The whole place was spitting out their lyrics in sync so I don't understand how it could be incoherant.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: SirStev0
what you saw was the shell of what used to be the wu-tang clan. don't assume that the two are the same thing.

hell yeah. Wu tang used to be real good back in the day

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
nothing we can say will be able to answer your question. They rocked the crowd when I saw them on randalls island everyone had 'W's in the air as far as you could see. The whole place was spitting out their lyrics in sync so I don't understand how it could be incoherant.

everybody had W's in the air, but it was quite incoherent. I could decipher most of the other groups' lyrics but when WU went on, I was :confused:

Not only was I confused, I was straight up bored. This did not happen during other said performances of the night (especially not during rage :D)

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Friend saw them once he said "yeah, I went to a wu-tang concert one time. It was 30 or 40 black guys up on stage going "Wu Tang Wu Tang" over and over"

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: jdoggg12
Ghetto people like ghetto music- thats what i think.

:confused:

considering 85% of the people who buy their records white kids from the suburbs I don't know about that ;)

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis

everybody had W's in the air, but it was quite incoherent. I could decipher most of the other groups' lyrics but when WU went on, I was :confused:

Not only was I confused, I was straight up bored. This did not happen during other said performances of the night (especially not during rage :D)

sounds like you were defective not wu tang.

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
Originally posted by: QueBert
Originally posted by: jdoggg12
Ghetto people like ghetto music- thats what i think.

:confused:

considering 85% of the people who buy their records white kids from the suburbs I don't know about that ;)

Damn suburban ghetto hoodrats :laugh:

I liked 2 songs of wu tang back in the day, but as has been said, they are only a shell of what they used to be

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

sounds like you were defective not wu tang.

yes, that must be it. the only thing more comical about that show was the 83947593845 times PE played "FLAVA FLAVE" over the speakers, and an entire verse using only the words: yeah, WHAT, OH. an ENTIRE FUCKING VERSE.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
The appeal is their vast financial knowledge and power. I put $10,000 into a Wu-fund in January and it's already worth $35,000. Put your trust in the Wu... I did.

Wu-Tang 4 lyfe, mutha fskers!

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
The appeal is their vast financial knowledge and power. I put $10,000 into a Wu-fund in January and it's already worth $35,000. Put your trust in the Wu... I did.

HAHAHAHA

KoolDrew

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Originally posted by: SirStev0

Yup. Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) remains one of, if not the best hip-hop album to this day.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
"you need to diversify ya bonds, [insert african-american term of endearment]!"

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
almost any rap group live is like that.
there's the one rapper and about 4-5 of his entourage that just say random crap into the mics.
so, i can see where youre coming from there, but i like wu-tang.

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I went to the Saturday Rock the bells in NY and I have to agree they were no fun. I am not a huge Cypress Hill fan(just know the major songs) but he rocked that place, and put on a great show. Wu Tang were annoying, except for a few points. Rage...well...Lets just say I almost died multiple times. Seeing Rage is one of thos concerts Ive wanted to cross off my list since I was a teenager and realized they were no more. Twas a dream come true. Between the mosh pit, extreme lack of water throughout the hot day, and my mind exploding....I would have to say it was a good show lol.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: KarmaPolice
I went to the Saturday Rock the bells in NY and I have to agree they were no fun. I am not a huge Cypress Hill fan(just know the major songs) but he rocked that place, and put on a great show. Wu Tang were annoying, except for a few points. Rage...well...Lets just say I almost died multiple times. Seeing Rage is one of thos concerts Ive wanted to cross off my list since I was a teenager and realized they were no more. Twas a dream come true. Between the mosh pit, extreme lack of water throughout the hot day, and my mind exploding....I would have to say it was a good show lol.

During Wu, the crowd started setting fires. There were about 4 by the time Wu finished. By the time RATM finished, the crowd had over 12 that I counted. Good times =D

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
They're retarded, and they should not be called "artists". I liked them when I was in high school, before I knew what good music was. I thought it was cool how they always rapped with big words until I finally realized that these guys had no idea what they were talking about. They were just rhyming big words from the dictionary together.

I won't lie though, Wu Tang forever was the sh!t.

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
were you at hyundai pavilion in sb or the one in san diego? i was one of the docs on for medical for the one in san bernardino and had all access including vip and backstage it was pretty decent concert. except for all you foolios getting drunk and wasted.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: dethman
were you at hyundai pavilion in sb or the one in san diego? i was one of the docs on for medical for the one in san bernardino and had all access including vip and backstage it was pretty decent concert. except for all you foolios getting drunk and wasted.

i was @hyundai pavillion. i swear i thought SBFD would shut down the concert.

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: dethman

i was @hyundai pavillion. i swear i thought SBFD would shut down the concert.

yeah the ashes from the fires in the grass area were raining down on the stage. idiots setting bonfires everywhere. ozzfest was worse though.