WTF is it anyones business if GW Bush or anyone engaged in an abortion??

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I think 'illegal' makes it a legitimate question. Whether or not you think it's true or not, I think it's appropiate to know if our President has engaged in illegal activities as grave as this.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I think it is somewhat of a hypocrtical stance as many of the same people are complaining (myslef included) about the justice department looking into what may be "illegal" aboritions under the new "partial birth" aboriton ban.

It is a very slippery slope you tread on when you go into matters such as these which should be left to the family.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Why are you starting a new thread about this topic? You couldn't express you opinion in the existing thread?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Corn
Why are you starting a new thread about this topic? You couldn't express you opinion in the existing thread?

I belive this is a substantially different question. The other thread was degenerating into name calling.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
I belive this is a substantially different question. The other thread was degenerating into name calling.

What does "this is a substantially different question" mean? It certainly is relevent to the topic at hand in that "other" discussion.

In any event, I somewhat agree with Gaard. If true it would be newsworthy, at least to the tabloids. Hell, look at who "broke" that story, LOL!

As far as how "grave" the act of an illegal abortion is one must also consider that a) Bush did not perform an illegal abortion, and b) Bush did not have an illegal abortion performed on himself.

Alas, since this "story" is now, what, almost 4 years old what has come of it? That pretty much tells me everything I already need to know.......

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Here's what baffles me about digging up trash on Bush.

Bush Sr. was:

U.S. Ambassador to the UN from 72-73
CIA Director from 76-77
VP from 81-89
President from 89-93

I would think that if a (former) President's son engaged in an illegal abortion or went AWOL then somebody would have reported this stuff much earlier than 1999. I mean, the media ate both Presidents Carter's and Clinton's proverbial lunches on account of their respective brother's vices. Jeb Bush, a governor, has had his butt handed to him due to his daughter's flirtations with loonyland down in FL. Gore Jr., a former VP, catches flack over his pothead son's screwups. Bush himself has caught hell because his own daughters act like college kids.

So why didn't the media bring this up earlier?

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
This seems to me to be just a regretable part of the political process. Anything that the opposition can dig up on an opponent seems grist for the mill. This is a failing in the system.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
The other thread was degenerating into name calling.
My apologies for contributing. I usually ignore Corn's crap. I didn't feel like letting him slide tonight. It's done.

Re. your question, while I tend to agree with you, I also think the hypocrisy of publicly demonizing abortion while supporting it in one's personal life is noteworthy. If the story is true, I feel it invalidates any alledged outrage Bush may claim today. This doesn't mean a person isn't allowed to grow and change his or her mind. In my opinion, however, it does mean one loses the right to self-righteously vilify people who made the same mistake. This was the same issue with Limbaugh. as well as Swagart and Gingrich and all the other great hypocrites who condemned others for their own failings.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
GEORGE W BUSH IS A HOLY ROLLIN' MEGALOMANIAC

Fvckin Bastard has no humility and is equal to the people he JUDGES and CONDEMNS

AWOL
Drug User
Illegal Abortion supporter
Alcoholic

^^^^^^^^^^^^But the Republicans think it is OK for a hypocrite to be the Judge of Morality

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
.....and people get all riled up when I simply state the obvious.

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: dahunan

Fvckin Bastard has no humility and is equal to the people he JUDGES and CONDEMNS

AWOL
Drug User
Alcoholic

^^^^^^^^^^^^But the Republicans think it is OK for a hypocrite to be the Judge of Morality

Bush may have done all those things but he still didn't eat babies and worship Satan. John Kerry did and there's nothing you pansy Vietnam loving liberals can do to take that away.

Zephyr

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001

AWOL
Drug User
Alcoholic

As for the alcoholic thing, get f*cked, Im a recovering alcoholic as people like to say, 12 years sober. I think it's more of a positive to be an ex drinker than a current one.

AWOL has never been proven, just lots of rhetoric by more dumbasses , 90% that never even served in the military or would ever consider it.

Allegations by the publisher of hustler (quite possibly the most destructive "mainstream" magazine on the planet) of being "involved" in an abortion.

And rumors of drug use.

I think many people realize that republicans learn from thier mistakes.
:disgust:

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: nutxo

AWOL
Drug User
Alcoholic

As for the alcoholic thing, get f*cked, Im a recovering alcoholic as people like to say, 12 years sober. I think it's more of a positive to be an ex drinker than a current one.

AWOL has never been proven, just lots of rhetoric by more dumbasses , 90% that never even served in the military or would ever consider it.

Allegations by the publisher of hustler (quite possibly the most destructive "mainstream" magazine on the planet) of being "involved" in an abortion.

And rumors of drug use.

I think many people realize that republicans learn from thier mistakes.

:disgust: republicans learn from thier mistakes :disgust:

And have no compassion for others when they make those same mistakes

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill

Your sig makes it even more funny.:D

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
think it is somewhat of a hypocrtical stance as many of the same people are complaining (myslef included) about the justice department looking into what may be "illegal" aboritions under the new "partial birth" aboriton ban.
This is alleged to be about Bush, not the US Attorney General. Even if it were about the US Attorney General, would it be any more hypocritical than if you, say....

- voted repeatedly to slash defense and central intelligence spending while you are a legislator, reasoning that a strong military and CIA are no longer useful or needed in the post Cold War era

- repeatedly and vocally endorsed the Iraq Liberation Act making regime change in Iraq the official policy of the United States, militarily if necessary, citing the intolerable danger of WMD

Then only a few short years later (not 30+ years later), travel across the country attacking the president for his budget (which increases spending on defense, intelligence, and homeland security), for his forced removal of the Hussein regime citing the intolerable danger of WMD, while telling Americans you are the best choice to protect the United States from future military impotence, intelligence failures, and terrorist threats?

leeboy

Banned
Dec 8, 2003

AWOL
Drug User
Alcoholic

Nice, looks like you skipped a step or two along the way. Perhaps it's time to take another personal inventory, then make ammends for telling the poster to get f***ked. Keep coming back.

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
WTF is it anyones business if GW Bush or anyone engaged in an abortion??

Because, since Gary Hart's disasterous campaign for the Senate in the 1980s, the veil that has separated the private lives of politicians from the public has been torn away. The slightest misdeed, perceived, real, or complete falsehood, can sink a campaign before it even has a chance to get underway. Both parties have tried (and often succeeded) to use this to their advantage.

Further, as best I understand it, at the time of the alleged abortion it was illegal in Texas. Politicians have been roasted at the proverbial stake for less by both parties.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: leeboy

AWOL
Drug User
Alcoholic

Nice, looks like you skipped a step or two along the way. Perhaps it's time to take another personal inventory, then make ammends for telling the poster to get f***ked. Keep coming back.

AA jokes are funny :) Why don't you take em to genmay?

leeboy

Banned
Dec 8, 2003
AA jokes are funny :) Why don't you take em to genmay?

What is genmay? Sorry, had to poke fun at you and using the steps is just so fun when doing it ;), tomorrow will be my 11th anniversary. Feb. 18th, 1993, the day my life started over again :)

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Tried 2 different groups, all they ever did was talk about thier favorite drunks.

I did it solo.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
I think that the Boy Blunder had it right. Since Gary Hart stupidly challenged the press. These stories sell. In my first post I avoided "But what about . . . " But Zephyr106's post makes me say, A blow job is worth a $5M investigation but let's forgive an abortion? Personally, although I am definitely not a Christian, All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. We need good administrators, not saints.

Zeph. Here's a thought problem for you. Where did your response come from? It's like nothing else in this thread. The thought problem is for you, not for us.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: arsbanned
I did it solo.

No. You didn't. You may think you did. But you didn't. Now you're just an embittered soul with a chip the size of an aircraft carrier on your shoulder.

Whatever. Im glad you think you know me so well.