WTF? I sure hope this site is some kind of JOKE!

AntaresVI

Platinum Member
May 10, 2001
Wow. Even though he claims to be serious, I have to doubt it based on the name of the site alone - unless he's trying to shoot down any credibility he has before he even starts.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
Today, boys and girls, we learn all about owning your actions. The soldier below chose his path, and now we as a country have to pay his survivors benefits and pay for his burial, not to mention the fact that a chaplain still has to go out and tell the new widow. How, exactly is it helping defend our country, and hence justify the expense of the military, to be fighting these wars? In any event, he chose to join, and because of that, Forsake The Troops strongly feels that he should just be buried at his family's expense, and not that of us, the innocent taxpayers. This soldier was not a victim of anything else but his own poor choices. Forsake The Troops spits on him and all other "veterans" who died because of something that they chose to do. No sympathy here. Just for the record, if these soldiers had been drafted, and forced to go, there would be no need to post this page.

If we didn't send him as a country, the web site's exactly right. However, we did send him. It's Congress's job to decide when the expense of the military is just, and I think they've got a bit more to say about how our tax money is allocated than a web site called www.forsakethetroops.info.

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
Originally posted by: QuitBanningMe
Joke or not it seriously makes me want to kill some motherfuckers.

Agreed. Talk about a lack of respect. :|

This IP address has been banned from this forum. This was likely due to a violation of our TOS/AUP, or because of a security breach. Please understand that all bannings are final, unless there is good cause.
If you feel you should be granted access, please e-mail the administration of Forsake The Troops at contactus@forsakethetroops.info, or if the situation is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact SMIS Hosting at operations@smishosting.com.

Heh..apparently I'm banned from their forums :D

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
nice that the 'scumbags' he refers to have made it possible for him to actually have a website like that.

bastardages!

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Someone do a lookup on the domain before I do. (Basically, do it for me because my connection is sh1tty.)

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
It's about time that someone stood up and took a stand against our greedy troops. Me and my 3 other brothers should probably be forced to pay back what we've already gained from the military. In fact, I'm going to talk to my brother right away about dropping out of college. Why should other people pay for his GI Bill benefits. Just think if that money was put towards the national debt.

While I'm thinking about it, while officer pay is nice, I think they should get rid of the whole class of 'Officers.' If they just made everyone enlisted just think of the money they'd save.

Bravo to FTT.

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005
The guy that runs the site:
www.MichaelCrook.com

Looks like a great guy:

http://www.nbc10.com/news/4054134/detail.html

Man Wants Cash For Finding Soldier's Camera
Soldier Lost Camera At Eagles Game

POSTED: 8:46 am EST January 6, 2005
UPDATED: 9:52 am EST January 6, 2005
PHILADELPHIA -- A New Jersey soldier, who is being sent back to Afghanistan for a second tour of duty next week, lost his digital camera at last weekend's Eagles game.

FeedRoom

Man Wants Cash For Camera

The memory card in the camera had many pictures of the holidays with Spc. Elwood Wrigley's friends and family that he said were very precious to him.

Wednesday night, someone e-mailed NBC 10 to say they found the camera and offered it back, but at a price.

A man identifying himself as Michael Crook said he'd return the holiday photos for $1,000.

Part of the e-mail read: "I would be willing to ensure Mr. Wrigley gets his camera back for a fee. I would say $1,000 would cover it considering his memory stick is so precious to him. It sure looks like this family had a good Christmas."

Crook e-mailed some of the pictures to NBC 10 to see if they were Wrigley's pictures.

NBC 10's Vince DiMentri showed the pictures to Wrigley, who said they are not his photos.

Wrigley was shocked that someone would do this.

"That's disgusting. I didn't think anybody on the planet was like that," said Wrigley.

Wrigley's aunt agrees with her nephew. "I can't believe someone would do that. It's horrible. It's just horrible."

During a phone interview with NBC 10, Crook offered no apologies.

"I don't really do things out of kindness. It's a business world and I know it seems harsh but, you know, it is all about the money" Crook said.

Crook said he is from south Jersey and was with friends at the Eagles-Bengals game when he found the camera.

NBC 10 is still not sure whether this is a hoax or if Crook really has Wrigley's camera.

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
that site is BULLSH1T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Number of US soldiers killed in the Iraq War, of their own doing, because they CHOSE to be leeches: 1,583. These scumbags deserved what they got." i don't freakin care serious or joking that is NOT funny. If they and others ike them didn't CHOOSE what they did this guy might not have the means to make such a stupid site.
I just seperated from the Air Force, does he not know how little we get paid!?!?!? if the military offered only base pay without food, housing, medical, etc etc VERY few people would join! You don't get paid hourly, and sorry but $1200 a month is NOT worth the sacrafices you have to make to be in the military if you are paying for everything yourself.
This guy needs to be shot. freakin morons.

UnixFreak

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2000
supposedly the guy died today. Hit the site.

I call BS, cant find anything on the net about it.

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
Originally posted by: UnixFreak

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.forsakethetroops.info home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

Hmmm.....

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005
On Monday evening, the webmaster of Forsake The Troops was brutally assaulted by two men, thought to be members of the military, in response to their opinions about this website. Mr. Crook had been the target of numerous death threats and trespassers at his residence. All of these threats were saved and have been turned over to the authorities.
UPDATE:

At 6:19pm Eastern time, Michael Crook died of his injuries, after being rushed by ambulance to the leading hospital in the area for head trauma. The two men who allegedly assaulted him are currently in the custody of police. Mr. Crook died with his wife and infant daughter present.

It is therefore the decision of his family, and associates that Forsake The Troops goes offline, to prevent further incidents of violence and threats against his family. Therefore, this domain will permanantly go offline at around 5pm Eastern time, on Tuesday, May 17th, 2005.

Comments, and well-wishes may be addressed to noc@smishosting.com. Media inquiries (no interviews with family at this time), or sincere inquiries from well-meaning people may be directed to (315) 558-4372.

Leave a voice mail message and your call will be returned by our media representative. The family requests privacy at this time.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: UnixFreak

He brought it on himself.

He COULD have stayed in bed this morning. or any number of things.

He at least OWNED UP TO HIS OWN ACTIONS.

Edit: Well, I guess maybe that was a little harsh, since the guy really DID die.

Still, HE did bring it on himself....

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: QuitBanningMe
On Monday evening, the webmaster of Forsake The Troops was brutally assaulted by two men, thought to be members of the military, in response to their opinions about this website. Mr. Crook had been the target of numerous death threats and trespassers at his residence. All of these threats were saved and have been turned over to the authorities.
UPDATE:

At 6:19pm Eastern time, Michael Crook died of his injuries, after being rushed by ambulance to the leading hospital in the area for head trauma. The two men who allegedly assaulted him are currently in the custody of police. Mr. Crook died with his wife and infant daughter present.

It is therefore the decision of his family, and associates that Forsake The Troops goes offline, to prevent further incidents of violence and threats against his family. Therefore, this domain will permanantly go offline at around 5pm Eastern time, on Tuesday, May 17th, 2005.

Comments, and well-wishes may be addressed to noc@smishosting.com. Media inquiries (no interviews with family at this time), or sincere inquiries from well-meaning people may be directed to (315) 558-4372.

Leave a voice mail message and your call will be returned by our media representative. The family requests privacy at this time.

Link?

- M4H