wtf - I dress sloppy!? *not work related*

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Colt45
fleece and shorts doesnt make much sense.
like.. if your cold, put on pants :p

Agreed
This has always confused me. I had a friend in Germany who, in the winter, wore shorts and a down jacket.
:confused:

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I work in shorts and/or underwear.

You gotta love working from home :D

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
If it were that easy, I wouldn't be asking here.
What's so difficult? You say this isn't work related, right? I can only assume then that you mean this is what you wear around the house, at school, at the grocery store, at the movies, in public, etc. right?

You're a big boy, you can dress yourself however you wish. I don't understand the problem.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
That's what I wear to work, as well, but that's acceptable dress here. Hell we used to have a guy coming in wearing the whole jedi robe/garb with lightsaber, BRIGHT blue hair down to the middle of his back, and contacts to make his eyes look like Darth Maul's eyes. We've got people with piersings all over their face and body, chains hanving everywhere, black leather midevil vests with those dark brown poppy-pant-things and leather boots up to their knees.

Then there's me.

Then there's the execs who walk in the same door and walk down the same hallway who are wearing suits and ties.

The nature of this thread isn't a work-problem.

nik

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: ffmcobalt
That's what I wear to work, as well, but that's acceptable dress here. Hell we used to have a guy coming in wearing the whole jedi robe/garb with lightsaber, BRIGHT blue hair down to the middle of his back, and contacts to make his eyes look like Darth Maul's eyes. We've got people with piersings all over their face and body, chains hanving everywhere, black leather midevil vests with those dark brown poppy-pant-things and leather boots up to their knees.
wtf? where the hell do you work?

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Mwilding
wtf? where the hell do you work?

A 3rd party outsourcing company for technical support.

nik

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Wuss. :p My regular wear consists of dress pants and a button down shirt w/ collar, or those + blazer. I only own one pair of jeans(that I've only worn once in the past month) and 2 pairs of shorts I wear occasionally around the house. However, I own at least 10 pairs of cotton/wool/microfiber dress pants, and 4(soon to be 6) blazers. All of my shirts button down w/ collars.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: LordMaul
Wuss. :p My regular wear consists of dress pants and a button down shirt w/ collar, or those + blazer. I only own one pair of jeans(that I've only worn once in the past month) and 2 pairs of shorts I wear occasionally around the house. However, I own at least 10 pairs of cotton/wool/microfiber dress pants, and 4(soon to be 6) blazers. All of my shirts button down w/ collars.

You sure you're not gay?? :p

nik

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

nik

I just like to present myself in a professional manner wherever I go. Besides, I'm starting to leave the black-only phase behind...I mean, how can you get people to even talk to you when all they see if some giant sasquatch towering above them, dressed in all black and a full length leather trenchcoat? :D

cerebusPu

Diamond Member
May 27, 2000

you know, thats exactly what i wear everyday. cotton/wool/microfibre dresspants and button down shirts in all sorts of colors. i dont have a single pair of jeans and shorts are reserved for indoor wear. what's also important is the shoes and belt. they should be the same color. i wear predominantly black and shiny shoes.

girls like guys who dress nicely. it doesnt have to look expensive, just professional. even if you have a girlfriend and dont care what other girls think of you...your girlfriend still has an opinion that matters alot.

i dont really give a sh1t if you think Im gay. with your very stubburn and annoyed attitude right now youre not gonna get any support or help from us folks.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

nik

I just like to present myself in a professional manner wherever I go. Besides, I'm starting to leave the black-only phase behind...I mean, how can you get people to even talk to you when all they see if some giant sasquatch towering above them, dressed in all black and a full length leather trenchcoat? :D

Easy: "AH! FSCK! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!"