Mini_Eggs

Sep 27, 2017
okay. i have my cpu running at 3.4ghz with 100mhz bus speed and stock voltage. i have turbo boost disabled. after playing rainbow yesterday i saw that my clock speed went upto 5.4ghz with 159mhz bus speed. was wondering if anyone can help me understand why this happened?
Capture.PNG

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
okay. i have my cpu running at 3.4ghz with 100mhz bus speed and stock voltage. i have turbo boost disabled. after playing rainbow yesterday i saw that my clock speed went upto 5.4ghz with 159mhz bus speed. was wondering if anyone can help me understand why this happened?
Capture.PNG
hwinfo picks up such spikes, even if it's only for 0.1s so there's nothing to worry about that. It polls the system every 2s, that's just an anomaly it picked, I've seen the same with aida64 as well but nothing that should concern you.

Mini_Eggs

Sep 27, 2017
hwinfo picks up such spikes, even if it's only for 0.1s so there's nothing to worry about that. It polls the system every 2s, that's just an anomaly it picked, I've seen the same with aida64 as well but nothing that should concern you.
just confusing because ive been using hwmonitor for 3+ years and never seen this before. its always open on second monitor XD

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
just confusing because ive been using hwmonitor for 3+ years and never seen this before. its always open on second monitor XD
I've seen this when the system wakes up from sleep, do you put the system to sleep occasionaly &/or is the power plan not set to high performance?

Mini_Eggs

Sep 27, 2017
I've seen this when the system wakes up from sleep, do you put the system to sleep occasionaly &/or is the power plan not set to high performance?
i never use sleep and its high performance i just allow it to throttle down.

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
i never use sleep and its high performance i just allow it to throttle down.
So default power savings in the BIOS or are you talking about min processor state not being 100% in the HP power plan?
In both cases you can get spikes, now what's the source of these spikes ~ I can't say but this happens on both Intel & AMD.