wtf fergie can sing?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 19, 2001
I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you
It's personal, myself and I
We got some straightening out to do
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket (5)
But I've gotta move on with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry
Don't cry,
Don't cry, (10)
Don't cry

In line 8, the artist uses the word "big." What is the meaning of big in this context?

A) Large
B) Mature
C) Morbidly obese
D) Old
E) None of the above

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Whoa.

She can sing, wow.

Far better than the garbage she spews out with the BEP.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
I find it really funny that one one person has posted a freakin" picture of her. Is she ugly? Probably not but I can't tell because all I have seen is low resolution overly compressed you tube videos.

How about someone post a fuc***** picture.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
This thread caught me off guard. I rolled my eyes and clicked the link to the video and was initially suprised. Since youtube isn't a great source and I couldn't quite hear her voice, I searched and found a 192kb/s MP3 of the song. I'll be damned, but I cannot hear any artifacts of a vocal auto-correction tool. It sounds clean on this MP3. I do hear a series of bad punch ins between 2:35 and 2:50, though.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Originally posted by: yankeesfan
but her ugliness is not.

Negative. She's weird looking for sure. Not to mention that the lyrics for that song are shite...I mean:

"I'm gonna miss you like a child misses that blanket"

"It's time to be a big girl now"

She's strange.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
She and Gwen Stefani have gone in the same direction: simple, borderline retarded, repetitive dreck that feels like an icepick to the frontal lobe going in, and I can only imagine, like a stroke, going out.

S

SlitheryDee

I absolutely hate her music, but I've never seen anything that makes me think Fergie is ugly. Where is this coming from? I was under the impression that she is smokin' hot (this is based on what I've seen in music videos). I've also found a few pics that were less than awesome but I think I'd still hit it. Hell if I met a girl tomorrow that looked exactly like the worst pic I've seen of Fergie but also had intelligence and a good personality I'd marry her if she would have me.

Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
I absolutely hate her music, but I've never seen anything that makes me think Fergie is ugly. Where is this coming from? I was under the impression that she is smokin' hot (this is based on what I've seen in music videos). I've also found a few pics that were less than awesome but I think I'd still hit it. Hell if I met a girl tomorrow that looked exactly like the worst pic I've seen of Fergie but also had intelligence and a good personality I'd marry her if she would have me.

She's not FUGLY, but she's not hot. She looks DECENT in Big Girls Don't Cry, but based on My Humps and Fergalicious she's NOT HOT... I wouldn't tap that with a 10 foot pole.

But yea.. if she really looks like she does in fergalicious I'd say she's fugly, but based on her appearance in Big Girls Don't Cry I'll give her an OK rating

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
Is this the chick who ripped off the JJ Fad rap song Supersonic & called it Fergalicous?