WTF? Can someone explain what's going on here?

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Text

CAPTION:
People who used a mail truck to escape the flooded areas of New Orleans East are forced to lie on the highway by Texas game wardens August 31, 2005. The people were freed but forced to continue on foot.
What did these people do wrong?

Sep 29, 2004
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Text

CAPTION:
People who used a mail truck to escape the flooded areas of New Orleans East are forced to lie on the highway by Texas game wardens August 31, 2005. The people were freed but forced to continue on foot.

Yiou are joking, right?

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
Text

CAPTION:

They stopped and pulled over.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Red
Text

CAPTION:

They stopped and pulled over.
:D

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
wtf. looks like they stole a truck.

game wardens though... :confused:

i guess hurricane refugees aren't in season.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
You DO NOT mess with mail delivery in any way, shape or form.

Dude, these people are escaping with THEIR LIVES. So they used a mail truck, that was probably their only way out, big freaking deal.

Lasthitlarry

Feb 24, 2005
They had pot in the van, and the cops were fresh out of blunts, so they had to search the guys.

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002

Dude, these people are escaping with THEIR LIVES. So they used a mail truck, that was probably their only way out, big freaking deal.

well they escaped the flood already. i know lives WERE at stake but you think the government shouldn't reclaim government property? you think they should let them keep it for another 2 years?

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
I think they are just trying to dry out in the sun. I heard it got kind of wet where they came from!

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

BS! The picture shows they clearly have feet. If you can walk stealing government property is rarely an acceptable alternative.

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
They should count themselves lucky all they lost was their stolen truck. At least tehy arent in jail.

EDIT: I would be willing to bet that most judges would let them off light, in light of the circumstances.
EDIT2: With any luck one of them will get heat stroke and get seriously injured. Then they can claim police brutality or cruel and unusual punishment.

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
Originally posted by: meltdown75
i think they were just trying to deliver the mail. what's the big deal?

newman: they know it wasnt me delivering.. too many people were getting their mail!

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Text

CAPTION:

That's FEDERAL property.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: sao123
4 black men stole a mail truck.

can you say FEDERAL OFFENSE?

Should they die instead? :confused:

not die but not steal gov. property. if stealing gov. property was their only recourse AT ALL, then yes they should die because it's obvious they aren't fit to live. if they were they would have taken proper actions to live (getting outta town by walking, in thtat superdome, et cetera...)

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
After viewing the picture is it not obvious to all you bleeding hearts what happened? These idiots STOLE a government vehicle. They are lucky they were simply let go.

BTW...in Texas at least, the Game Wardens have statewide jurisdiction and more power than any other peace officer. They are not someone you want to mess with if you can help it.