WTF $21,782 a month in child care!?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Baked
Originally posted by: Queasy
Just another lesson for us guys to make sure we shoot it in the butt or keep it in the pants.

Fixed.
Good idea baked, but then you have to deal with the lawyer chick that gathers up the drippage and uses it to impregnate herself and consequently sue for child support.
I think it'd be best to pick up a condom and a shop vac if you're going to fvck.
Wrap it up then clean it up. ;)

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: shilala
Originally posted by: Baked
Originally posted by: Queasy
Just another lesson for us guys to make sure we shoot it in the butt or keep it in the pants.

Fixed.
Good idea baked, but then you have to deal with the lawyer chick that gathers up the drippage and uses it to impregnate herself and consequently sue for child support.
I think it'd be best to pick up a condom and a shop vac if you're going to fvck.
Wrap it up then clean it up. ;)

They're working on a male pill you know. Might not have to vacume up jizz for much longer.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
She just doesn't want to work.... I hate lazy people that can't take care of their own finances.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
again your jealousy is showing skoorb.

The guy has a talent (i have to agree the music and clothes suck) and worked hard to get where he is. Its not like he won the lottery and is now living good. The guy had to work hard to get where he is.

The women got knocked up and took advantage of a broken legal system. Child support is supposed to take care of the child. it does not take $20+k to take care of a child. The mother has to contribute also.
I'll make it simple then: both people did comparitively little for the vast sums of money they've come upon. In essence they both lucked out. One did it nefariously, but if that 21k was being extorted out of somebody else I would have more sympathy for them. Sure, puffy "earned" the money, but he didn't break his back for it or invent something spectacular. He lucked into it in a very short period of time. 21k to him is nothing. It's peanuts. Easy come, easy go. I'm far more distraught over crawford's brother (recent thread) who now has to find a way to replace his car.

anyone with a net worth of over (random figure here) $30 million got lucky.

in business skill can only take you so far, after that you have to have luck in order to be ultra successful.

there are thousands of professionals earning high six figures but without luck will never exceed the high 8 figure mark.

talent and ability can make you reasonably successful, to get to become Bill Gates, you have to have luck.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold

The guy has a talent (i have to agree the music and clothes suck) and worked hard to get where he is. Its not like he won the lottery and is now living good. The guy had to work hard to get where he is.

The women got knocked up and took advantage of a broken legal system. Child support is supposed to take care of the child. it does not take $20+k to take care of a child. The mother has to contribute also.
I'll make it simple then: both people did comparitively little for the vast sums of money they've come upon. In essence they both lucked out. One did it nefariously, but if that 21k was being extorted out of somebody else I would have more sympathy for them. Sure, puffy "earned" the money, but he didn't break his back for it or invent something spectacular. He lucked into it in a very short period of time. 21k to him is nothing. It's peanuts. Easy come, easy go. I'm far more distraught over crawford's brother (recent thread) who now has to find a way to replace his car.

in business skill can only take you so far, after that you have to have luck in order to be ultra successful.

there are thousands of professionals earning high six figures but without luck will never exceed the high 8 figure mark.

talent and ability can make you reasonably successful, to get to become Bill Gates, you have to have luck.

Bullsh!t.

You have to have a unique product, or talent, and enough ambition.

"Luck" does not exist. It is a mythical excuse, nothing more.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: tfinch2
In addition to child support, P. Diddy said he also pays for his 11-year-old son Justin's health insurance, tuition, vacations, clothes and other items, for a total of about $120,000 per year.

Then there is no need for the child support. She just wants the gravy train for herself.

I bet she doesn't even work. She probably collects a check from her insurance company for something like "chronic fatigue syndrom" aka I'm a worthless pile of sh1t and I feel I deserve a free ride in life.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused

Bullsh!t.

You have to have a unique product, or talent, and enough ambition.

"Luck" does not exist. It is a mythical excuse, nothing more.

luck has everything to do with it.

there were several similar and competing products to MS DOS, that his was chosen was luck.

history of full of such stories.

Gateway, Northgate and Dell (to name just a few) were all in a similar situation in the 90's. luck had a lot to do with the success of Dell.

skill can only make you a player, it's luck that takes you to the top.

Joe Montana vs Dan Marino, what would have happened had Marino started at SF and Montana in Miami?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: gigapet
Originally posted by: tfinch2
In addition to child support, P. Diddy said he also pays for his 11-year-old son Justin's health insurance, tuition, vacations, clothes and other items, for a total of about $120,000 per year.

Then there is no need for the child support. She just wants the gravy train for herself.

I bet she doesn't even work. She probably collects a check from her insurance company for something like "chronic fatigue syndrom" aka I'm a worthless pile of sh1t and I feel I deserve a free ride in life.

which reminds me of a story about a former Edison, NJ cop. apparently he is collecting disability for life, his disability, he can't control his temper.

btw, i heard this word of mouth and have no link to back it up.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Joe Montana vs Dan Marino, what would have happened had Marino started at SF and Montana in Miami?

Miami would have won more SB's

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Miami would have won more SB's

your opinion.

i doubt it. i think montana got lucky to be teamed up with Bill Walsh.

or vice versa, Walsh got lucky to be teamed up with Montana.

how good would the west coast offense been with Marino at it's head?

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Nobody should get that much in child support. It does not take that much to raise a child If the couple is no longer together, then whichever parent that isn't making the big bucks needs to adjust his/her lifestyle accordingly.

Not speaking to this particular situation, but for example, if a woman leaves a man and he is the one making the money, then to me...her act of leaving is her saying "I would lower my standard of living than stay with this man".
And that's fine if that's what she wants to do....but she shouldn't expect to be able to take care of herself and her child in the same manner as if she was still married to the rich guy.
Child support is SUPPOSED to be only for the child, but everyone knows that isn't the case. If men are going to continue to be robbed for ridiculous amounts of money for child support, then the women need to be required to prove that all the money is going to/for the child, and not them.