WTF $21,782 a month in child care!?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
I'm more surprised he didn't use someone else's sperm and turn a profit on having the children.

Is that what you would have done?

I don't think you got it.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: Skoorb
It's ridiculous, but so is being worth half a billion dollars for remixing a few songs and selling some crap clothes to ghetto rats, so sympathy you aren't going to find here.

So the guy makes a lot for "singing" big fvcking deal. obviously he is worth what he gets paid or he wouldn't get it now would he?

the jealousy of people over what others make is sickening.
obviously this child is worth what she gets paid or she wouldn't get it now would she?

the jealous of people over what others get in daycare is sickening.

AntiEverything

Aug 5, 2004
It's not usually on this scale, but this is what the typical father goes through. The child support system in this country is out of control, and run by man hating women.

AntiEverything

Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: dquan97
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Welcome to screw men 101....err ...the US legal system....

specifically the family court system

Here in Minnesota they have the gall to call it the Family Justice System, when the correct term is actually Money-For-Women-And-Fvck-The-Father System.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
It's ridiculous, but so is being worth half a billion dollars for remixing a few songs and selling some crap clothes to ghetto rats, so sympathy you aren't going to find here.

So the guy makes a lot for "singing" big fvcking deal. obviously he is worth what he gets paid or he wouldn't get it now would he?

the jealousy of people over what others make is sickening.
obviously this child is worth what she gets paid or she wouldn't get it now would she?

the jealous of people over what others get in daycare is sickening.

Im sorry you do not understand the diffrence between child support and getting paid for a job.

The guy gets paid to put out records/clothes and other crappy stuff. If people didnt want he would not get all that cash.

Child support is there to pay for the support of the child. NOT to support the mother wich is what is happening here.

IF it really took $250k to take care of a child then that is what you should pay. But it does not take even a fraction of that.

the judicial system is out of control. Fathers rights have been erroded over years.

cHeeZeFacTory

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001
the judge that approved of this amount must be on crack. How do you get through law school w/ no common sense?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I agree it's ridiculous, but I was just trying to illuminate the fact that a guy got lucky, took advantage of the system, and legally got tons of money. The woman got lucky, took advantage of the system, and legally got tons of money.

MechJinx

Mar 22, 2004
While I think it is rediculous to pay 21k a month in child support, part of what is missing in this thread is the fact that the child is growing up in a broken/dysfunctional home. Maybe by forcing men to pay the outrageous child support, they will think twice about getting a girl pregnant and walking. While I don't think that is the driving force behind the demand of this woman from P.Diddy, it was obviously greed, restricting child support to the bare minimum is not the answer either. It doesn't rectify the problem that someone (man or woman, I don't care which) has walked away from their responsibility of raising a child. The judicial system is broke, but the fix is not to reduce the amount of child support across the board. That just makes it broken a different way.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I agree it's ridiculous, but I was just trying to illuminate the fact that a guy got lucky, took advantage of the system, and legally got tons of money. The woman got lucky, took advantage of the system, and legally got tons of money.

No, the guy had a skill, worked hard and played it smart and EARNED lots of money.

The girl got laid, got knocked up, and extorted lots of money using a broken legal system.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Maybe by forcing men to pay the outrageous child support, they will think twice about getting a girl pregnant and walking.

Like the man is the only person who made the decision :roll:

Women get a free ride in this country because of the behavior of a few.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: MechJinx
While I think it is rediculous to pay 21k a month in child support, part of what is missing in this thread is the fact that the child is growing up in a broken/dysfunctional home. Maybe by forcing men to pay the outrageous child support, they will think twice about getting a girl pregnant and walking. While I don't think that is the driving force behind the demand of this woman from P.Diddy, it was obviously greed, restricting child support to the bare minimum is not the answer either. It doesn't rectify the problem that someone (man or woman, I don't care which) has walked away from their responsibility of raising a child. The judicial system is broke, but the fix is not to reduce the amount of child support across the board. That just makes it broken a different way.

So child support is supposed to be PUNITIVE???

Go sh!t in your hat, ok?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused

No, the guy had a skill, worked hard and played it smart and EARNED lots of money.

The girl got laid, got knocked up, and extorted lots of money using a broken legal system.
Well, I could construe that as a skill. She managed to fanagle her way around the schlong of a very rich man, and for that she is now making lots of money for it.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Well, I could construe that as a skill. She managed to fanagle her way around the schlong of a very rich man, and for that she is now making lots of money for it.

That's not earning, that's stealing. Thievery can be called a "skill" it doesn't make it right.

MechJinx

Mar 22, 2004

Go sh!t in your hat, ok?

Umm, you missed the entire point of my post, the system is broken, but the fix is not just reduce child support across the baord, that just makes it broken a different way. Take a chill pill and get over yourself.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Originally posted by: cHeeZeFacTory
the judge that approved of this amount must be on crack. How do you get through law school w/ no common sense?

Welcome to the US Justice System 101.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

again your jealousy is showing skoorb.

The guy has a talent (i have to agree the music and clothes suck) and worked hard to get where he is. Its not like he won the lottery and is now living good. The guy had to work hard to get where he is.

The women got knocked up and took advantage of a broken legal system. Child support is supposed to take care of the child. it does not take $20+k to take care of a child. The mother has to contribute also.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Go sh!t in your hat, ok?

Umm, you missed the entire point of my post, the system is broken, but the fix is not just reduce child support across the baord, that just makes it broken a different way. Take a chill pill and get over yourself.

The "fix" is to determine the amount it requires to raise a child with the minimum amount of sustenance, safety, and shelter and make a set amount based on that.

Otherwise getting pregnant by wealthy men will become a gambling sport with an assured payoff.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Go sh!t in your hat, ok?

yes the system is broken. But forcing someone to pay $21k for child support is not going to fix it either in fact its part of the problem.

The idea of child support to help take care of the child. Again a person does not need $21k to take care of a child. heck $5k is MORE then enough.

Part of the problem is the Family court system is that men are not treated equal.

MechJinx

Mar 22, 2004

Go sh!t in your hat, ok?

The "fix" is to determine the amount it requires to raise a child with the minimum amount of sustenance, safety, and shelter and make a set amount based on that.

Otherwise getting pregnant by wealthy men will become a gambling sport with an assured payoff.

Thus, ensuring that rich people with ambiguous morals can father all the children they want and not worry about the consequences. The system is still broke, just in a different way. We require tests and degrees to do dangerous, important, etc work, but any asshat off the street can become a parent. At the fundamental level, the system is broke, the fixes you are suggesting just make it a broken system in a different way. So, why change it with your fixes, what makes that any better than the completely screwed up system we have now? Why waste tax money changing the system unless it helps solve the fundamental problem which is that there are people out there who have no idea what is entailed in having sex and becoming a parent?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

The guy has a talent (i have to agree the music and clothes suck) and worked hard to get where he is. Its not like he won the lottery and is now living good. The guy had to work hard to get where he is.

The women got knocked up and took advantage of a broken legal system. Child support is supposed to take care of the child. it does not take $20+k to take care of a child. The mother has to contribute also.
I'll make it simple then: both people did comparitively little for the vast sums of money they've come upon. In essence they both lucked out. One did it nefariously, but if that 21k was being extorted out of somebody else I would have more sympathy for them. Sure, puffy "earned" the money, but he didn't break his back for it or invent something spectacular. He lucked into it in a very short period of time. 21k to him is nothing. It's peanuts. Easy come, easy go. I'm far more distraught over crawford's brother (recent thread) who now has to find a way to replace his car.

AntiEverything

Aug 5, 2004

I'll make it simple then: both people did comparitively little for the vast sums of money they've come upon. In essence they both lucked out. One did it nefariously, but if that 21k was being extorted out of somebody else I would have more sympathy for them. Sure, puffy "earned" the money, but he didn't break his back for it or invent something spectacular. He lucked into it in a very short period of time. 21k to him is nothing. It's peanuts. Easy come, easy go. I'm far more distraught over crawford's brother (recent thread) who now has to find a way to replace his car.
But don't you see Skoorb? They're both results of the same system. Puffy can afford to pay his child support, unfortunately others of us aren't so lucky. By validating her greediness just because Puffy can afford it you screw the rest of us.

Did you know that it's very uncommon for child support amounts to go down? Even when one loses their job? If Puffy somehow went bankrupt tomorrow, he'd still have to pay that child support. Is that still fair?