WSOP 08: Battle For The Bracelets

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Has anyone else bought this game for PC yet? I went to BB last night to make an exchange and I saw they were just putting it on the shelves so I grabbed a copy figuring $20 isn't that bad.

It is that bad.

They definitely made a graphic overhaul which was good. They definitely DIDN'T program the engine that well which was bad. Every time I play I get through maybe 10-15 hands on fast (1-4 on normal) and then it freezes for about 15 seconds. After it unfreezes all the graphics are screwed up and you can't read anything on the screen so the only option is to Alt-F4 on out of that piece and restart it.

Just curious if anyone else is having a similar issue to this. I know the game just came out not too long ago for PC but man, maybe they should've tested it more because this seems like a major issue to be having.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
sucks man, I want to find a good PC poker game, Stacked was ehhhhh decent, hated some of the graphics. Didn't have high hopes for WSOP 08. Maybe a patch will fix the problems you brought up, I somehow doubt it will ever get patched though :(

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Yeah I emailed them about making a patch because I was so angry about having spent $20 on such poor quality software. That's just ridiculous to have an issue like that at launch, especially when PC launch was after console launch.