Question wrong fan speed shown

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
hwinfo64 is showing wrong cpu fan speed i have deepcool castle ex 360mm why in hwinfo cpu fan speed is 548rpm and pumpfan 2608rpm. why there are shown seperately ?cpu.png

damian101

Aug 11, 2020
I've never had watercooling myself, but those values seem very reasonable to me.
CPU fan is the radiator fans in this case, while the pump fan is the small fan that moves the water through the loop.

Reactions: hardcore_gamer29

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
I've never had watercooling myself, but those values seem very reasonable to me.
CPU fan is the radiator fans in this case, while the pump fan is the small fan that moves the water through the loop.
thanks i have jrgb and jrainbow connector on msi z490 do not know why they are left blank led light is only on pump header in castle ex 360

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Regarding the "fan speeds", HWINFO has no way of knowing what you plugged in where. Your did it right. But now it is up to YOU to correct the mis-labelling by HWINFO. Your rad fans are plugged into the CPU_FAN header, so THAT is what is being labelled by HWINFO as "CPU". Your PUMP is plugged into the mobo PUMP header, so that is what HWINFO calls the "PUMPFAN". On that system, normally the pump runs full speed all the time, and CPU cooling is controlled solely by changing the speed of the FANS on the rad.

The lights in the pump unit can be controlled in either of two ways. You can connect to the pump's lighting connector the small manual button box supplied with that system and use that. (That box also needs a connection to a SATA power output from the PSU.) OR you can connect to that pump a cable from your mobo JRAINBOW header and then use MSI's utility Mystic Light to control the lights.

Reactions: hardcore_gamer29

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Regarding the "fan speeds", HWINFO has no way of knowing what you plugged in where. Your did it right. But now it is up to YOU to correct the mis-labelling by HWINFO. Your rad fans are plugged into the CPU_FAN header, so THAT is what is being labelled by HWINFO as "CPU". Your PUMP is plugged into the mobo PUMP header, so that is what HWINFO calls the "PUMPFAN". On that system, normally the pump runs full speed all the time, and CPU cooling is controlled solely by changing the speed of the FANS on the rad.

The lights in the pump unit can be controlled in either of two ways. You can connect to the pump's lighting connector the small manual button box supplied with that system and use that. (That box also needs a connection to a SATA power output from the PSU.) OR you can connect to that pump a cable from your mobo JRAINBOW header and then use MSI's utility Mystic Light to control the lights.
there were only two connectors on castle ex 360mm one is cpu fan and other is pump fan connector and nothing else then how is light glowing on pump

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
The pump gets power for its pump operation from the mobo CPUPUMP header. That also is a source of power for the lights in it. However, that does not provide any means of controlling the displays. Now, the pump MAY have a default set of displays to show when it gets no instructions, OR it may merely light up one display and keep that constant. To change the displays as you choose, you need either to connect the manual button box and use its buttons OR connect the cable to your mobo JRAINBOW header and use MSI Mystic Light.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
The pump gets power for its pump operation from the mobo CPUPUMP header. That also is a source of power for the lights in it. However, that does not provide any means of controlling the displays. Now, the pump MAY have a default set of displays to show when it gets no instructions, OR it may merely light up one display and keep that constant. To change the displays as you choose, you need either to connect the manual button box and use its buttons OR connect the cable to your mobo JRAINBOW header and use MSI Mystic Light.
it is connected to pump fan header only but i dont how but i can control it through dragon centre