Wrestling Is The Only College Level Martial Art

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
Which is why I want to be one.

There are a lot of wrestlers in MMA, but that's because these MMA fighters were in college and they TRANSITIONED from wrestling into MMA.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
You want to be one what?? There are lots of colleges that have competitive martial arts teams like Judo or Taekwon-Do? Not as large or popular as the DIV1 wrestling for sure...

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Not true, there is also fencing and target shooting. (if you only consider NCAA sports)

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm 28. The age limit to join the air force is 39.

Also, I think being a wrestler would inspire people younger than me (such as my kids) to be a wrestler themselves.
Why would you want to inspire people to become wrestlers?

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
There's women wrestlers too.

My former philosophy TA(who might have had the hots for me) was a wrestler.

There's Women's "OLYMPIC" wrestling but not college.

It's a shame, I really wish they would make women's college wrestling too.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Maybe you'll start a nVidia sponsored professional wrestling team! Call it Shed GPU Printers.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Can't say I'd recommend getting into it that late in life, I was in wrestling for 8 years and was supposed to wrestle in college but decided not to because there wasn't really any reason to do it anymore.

Also, there's a collegiate Judo association as well as other sports that people mentioned so I'm not sure you can say wrestling is the only college level martial art.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
No, it's this: Could be NSFW coz of where that hand is going!
All those sheened-up masculine bodies embracing, wrapping of legs around the other, terminology such as performing a "reversal" and positions like "top" and "bottom". I always wondered about a few of the wrestlers I knew in school and what went on during 'practice'. Some talked of going to these sleep-away 'wrestling camps' over the summer break. Now thinking I was right to not inquire too much or join to find out....

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
All those sheened-up masculine bodies embracing, wrapping of legs around the other, terminology such as performing a "reversal" and positions like "top" and "bottom". I always wondered about a few of the wrestlers I knew in school and what went on during 'practice'. Some talked of going to these sleep-away 'wrestling camps' over the summer break. Now thinking I was right to not inquire too much or join to find out....

Yeah right? Forget about "band-camp" lol! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: tcsenter