Wow! You thought Swillary was going to cost ya!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
1) The economy is not run into the ground.

2) All economies are cyclic but at present, ours has not stopped growing; just growing at a slower rate.

3) The Dems do not have any VALID proposals for saving the country. The candiates are operating at present on either smoke and mirrors or robbing Peter to support Paul.
Paul does not care where the handouts come from and Peter will shut off the spigot.

The comments about the economy are true to a degree, but the numbers are somewhat misleading due to the fact that the economy is falsely boosted by the money we are borrowing as present in the budget and trade deficits and the growing national debt. I'm not saying its doomsday or anything like that, but BOTH sides seem content to let these things go on and they cannot go on forever, at one point we will have to pay for it even if its not today.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sinsear
All at the expense of us, who went out and made something of ourselves through hard work and commitment. We all didn't grow up in ideal situations.

No! Done right, these programs would be investments in our future that will pay off in better, more informed, more skillful, better educated population. They would cost far less than more law enforcement, more prisons, more homeless shelters and more of so many more of the destructive negative aspects of our society.

I'm glad you've done well through your hard work. Not everyone has the same opportunities, and many of the poor can't even take advantage of such opportunities without the skill sets, let alone the physical health, necessary to take advantage of them.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: Fern
Let's see:

- Universal Pre-kindergarden (likely for th epoor mostly)
- Gov matching saving accts for the poor
- A million more section low income housing
- Free college

Let's see:

- Giving kids a chance to succeed in their education and helping the poor live in something more than tenament squallor instead of wasting those lives and futures in a poverty environment, resulting in more informed, productive citizens with a chance at the fabled American dream... along with becoming real taxpayers.

Gosh... What a concept!

All at the expense of us, who went out and made something of ourselves through hard work and commitment.

We all didn't grow up in ideal situations.

I totally resent and take offense to your distain and hate for the America.

There are a lot including myself busting our fuvking asses off and getting nothing but kicked in the ass for it.

Just because you happen to be buds with the right Corporate friends.

Thanks for at least being open and honest with your hate.

Hopefully soon the hate will build to the point you will leave this country. :thumbsup:

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Hopefully soon the hate will build to the point you will leave this country.thumbsup;

Unfortunately, it hasn't worked on you, so probably not, Dave. :laugh:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: DonVito
"Swillary"? You guys need to work on your insulting nicknames.
Give me a better one, I cannot come up with a better one than that or cRudy for Rudy G.

No! Done right, these programs would be investments in our future

Done right. Key part!

Why is it that when somebody talks down on the lazy component of the poor you consider them America haters? I am in this country purely because I want to be and I am also of the opinion that a lot more people could stop slacking off and do better. You say you are busting your ass, but what are you doing? Is 35k posts really busting your ass toward a brighter future? I have more posts than you, but I don't whine about my lot endlessly. Surely you could be spending your evenings getting a degree somewhere or something else to further your education and with that work your way up in a meaningful profession. The opportunity is truly there to almost everybody. Busting ass is working a full time job while going to law school, it's being a medical resident working 70-80 hours/week or working two full time jobs and getting most of your sleep on the weekends. Do you do any of this?

As long as you hate the man, you'll always be subserviant to him and at the bottom rung with the other complaining blue collars. You will not a) get wealthy b) have nice cars c) have a nice house d) go on vacations e) retire well off d) most importantly, feel in control of your life, until you get on board with how this country's economy operates now and how it will continue to operate.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Give me a better one, I cannot come up with a better one than that or cRudy for Rudy G.

Done right. Key part!

Why is it that when somebody talks down on the lazy component of the poor you consider them America haters? I am in this country purely because I want to be and I am also of the opinion that a lot more people could stop slacking off and do better.

You say you are busting your ass, but what are you doing? Is 35k posts really busting your ass toward a brighter future?

I have more posts than you, but I don't whine about my lot endlessly.

Surely you could be spending your evenings getting a degree somewhere or something else to further your education and with that work your way up in a meaningful profession.

The opportunity is truly there to almost everybody. Busting ass is working a full time job while going to law school, it's being a medical resident working 70-80 hours/week or working two full time jobs and getting most of your sleep on the weekends. Do you do any of this?

As long as you hate the man, you'll always be subserviant to him and at the bottom rung with the other complaining blue collars. You will not a) get wealthy b) have nice cars c) have a nice house d) go on vacations e) retire well off d) most importantly, feel in control of your life, until you get on board with how this country's economy operates now and how it will continue to operate.

I would love to attend college at night if I wasn't working.

Since I was doing this job from Aug 2004 to last Friday I was going from 7am to 11pm with many nights to between 2-3 am and also many nights that went till the sun came up.

debi was with me for the last two years that you can ask to verify.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

Done right. Key part!

Why is it that when somebody talks down on the lazy component of the poor you consider them America haters? I am in this country purely because I want to be and I am also of the opinion that a lot more people could stop slacking off and do better.

You say you are busting your ass, but what are you doing? Is 35k posts really busting your ass toward a brighter future?

Surely you could be spending your evenings getting a degree somewhere or something else to further your education and with that work your way up in a meaningful profession.

The opportunity is truly there to almost everybody. Busting ass is working a full time job while going to law school, it's being a medical resident working 70-80 hours/week or working two full time jobs and getting most of your sleep on the weekends. Do you do any of this?

Since I was doing this job from Aug 2004 to last Friday I was going from 7am to 11pm with many nights to between 2-3 am and also many nights that went till the sun came up.

You know, anyone can do it. I am in fact a high school dropout. Ive worked on avg 50 hours a week for most of my college career. Two years of that being 7 days a week except during summer. I didnt qualify for financial aid the first three years, and the past two most of my aid comes from my full ride. Hell even though I max out financial aid, I've still been working over 40 or over this entire year. I have a respectable GPA as well, good enough to get me into a good law school/possibly grad school in DC.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
All at the expense of us, who went out and made something of ourselves through hard work and commitment. We all didn't grow up in ideal situations.

No! Done right, these programs would be investments in our future that will pay off in better, more informed, more skillful, better educated population. They would cost far less than more law enforcement, more prisons, more homeless shelters and more of so many more of the destructive negative aspects of our society.

I'm glad you've done well through your hard work. Not everyone has the same opportunities, and many of the poor can't even take advantage of such opportunities without the skill sets, let alone the physical health, necessary to take advantage of them.

Question.

When exactly has the government ever done something right?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Wreckem

Done right. Key part!

You know, anyone can do it. I am in fact a high school dropout. Ive worked on avg 50 hours a week for most of my college career. Two years of that being 7 days a week except during summer. I didnt qualify for financial aid the first three years, and the past two most of my aid comes from my full ride. Hell even though I max out financial aid, I've still been working over 40 or over this entire year. I have a respectable GPA as well, good enough to get me into a good law school/possibly grad school in DC.

50 hr a week job I can see it getting done but not when working around 70 hrs.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

Done right. Key part!

You missed the key phrase avg... One year I was working two jobs(one of which was 7 days a week, newspaper route FTL)... One was 30 one was 40. And yes I did still go to school... It sucked but I did it.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Done right. Key part!

Where were you working?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: shinerburke

Done right. Key part!

Where were you working?

It's in one of the other threads. It's been the same job with four different companies that had the major cell carrier contract for E911. The last one was bought out by that Platinum group same as Covad.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
If you're looking for work now just let me know. I know of a few places hiring now. They are in Tulsa though so it would be a bit of a commute for you. I'd be happy to pass on your resume if you would like.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

Done right. Key part!

But if your wife and you are both working these kinds of hours, even at low wages, you'll make half-decent money. Maybe you could cut back the work hours and slash any extraneous expenses and go back to part-time. Somebody with a pulse can get a job making $10/hour, so presumably you're making at least $35k/year + whatever your lady makes.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

Perhaps you should consider online courses. I know many people who have been successful with them who never would have made it via the traditional classroom.

You can work at your own pace, even if it is only an hour here and an hour there.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
This guy is dead in the water anyway, but here's what the clown likes the idea of:

Link

he'll ask many Americans to make sacrifices, like paying higher taxes...

Edwards, a former Democratic senator from North Carolina, says the federal government should underwrite universal pre-kindergarten, create matching savings accounts for low-income people, mandate a minimum wage of $9.50 and provide a million new Section 8 housing vouchers for the poor. He also pledged to start a government-funded public higher education program called "College for Everyone."

Holy @(*#! How much is that going to cost? HAHA.

Man, I hate the republicans and want so much to like the democrats but they are really quite awful. At least Obama, the only possible saviour to humanity has not said anything glaringly insane yet.

I would rather my tax dollars be spent on helping people in the US than on a missle shield for Europe or a war in Iran.

Because of the huge budget deficiets, I doubt that any massive social programs will become law.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Fern
Let's see:

- Universal Pre-kindergarden (likely for th epoor mostly)
- Gov matching saving accts for the poor
- A million more section low income housing
- Free college

Let's see:

- Giving kids a chance to succeed in their education and helping the poor live in something more than tenament squallor instead of wasting those lives and futures in a poverty environment, resulting in more informed, productive citizens with a chance at the fabled American dream... along with becoming real taxpayers.

Gosh... What a concept!

All at the expense of us, who went out and made something of ourselves through hard work and commitment.

We all didn't grow up in ideal situations.

There are a lot including myself busting our fuvking asses off and getting nothing but kicked in the ass for it.

Just because you happen to be buds with the right Corporate friends.

Hopefully soon the hate will build to the point you will leave this country. :thumbsup:

I hope he hates it enough to blow up the Federal building that you go to for your free handouts. :D

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000

Must be why you've posted hundreds if not thousands of times in the middle of the day.

Originally posted by: dmcowen674 on 08/31/2007 04:32 PM
By Mod request I am starting a new combined Oil & Gas thread and this article is the perfect one to start with.

Originally posted by: dmcowen674 on 09/06/2007 11:55 AM
Well I am glad to see Texans having to pay for a change.

9-5-2007 Gas Prices rise ten cents overnight in Texas on news that hurricanes missed

Originally posted by: dmcowen674 on 09/11/2007 09:05 AM
We're still at $3 here and have been all year.

Record Billions in Profits

Mission Accomplished

Originally posted by: dmcowen674 on 09/19/2007 04:32 PM
The record billions in profits from price gouging consumers.

Originally posted by: dmcowen674 on 10/10/2007 03:36 PM
It's clear just like Eaglekeeper said, Nigeria says all your oil belong to them.

Working from 7 AM to 11 PM, huh? You don't even lie competently.