WOW! Tried a random drink tonight (Newcastle Brown Ale). This drink ROCKS!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
No one could possibly have tried everything. Anyway I'm pretty sure Newcastle is regional isn't it?

My Dad when he was in Hawai'i got some Newcastle Brown, imported from, well, Newcastle (in the UK), the place it would most probably be brewed, so I'm guessing it might not be regional.

Jan 18, 2001
IMO, this is a very good beer. Not a favorite of mine currently, but I used to drink this beer on tap all the time during college. I found that this beer has more hangover potential though...3 pints would give me a raging headache the next day. Tasty beer.... should be served right up there with Guinness on nitrogen tap and Harps!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Jzero
Young's Double-Chocolate Stout! :D

I like Chocolate stouts...but I'm an absolute Oatmeal stout junkie. Stuff pours out like motor oil that should have been changed 10,000 miles ago :D

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Newcastle is a great brew. Had it while IN Newcastle England as well. :D

I tried a new brew last week too, Red Hook Blonde. Pretty good stuff (for a cheap, lighter beer)

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: vi_edit

I like Chocolate stouts...but I'm an absolute Oatmeal stout junkie. Stuff pours out like motor oil that should have been changed 10,000 miles ago :D

I'm a big fan of stouts and I just figured chocolate referred to the color and texture.
I was amazed to taste it. It was very refreshing!

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
If you like Newcastle (British import), try Pete's Wicked Ale which is very similar in taste (on purpose) and might be fresher becasue it is made in the US.

Michael

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000

I've had that. It was... interesting.

I don't think I'll be a repeat customer, though. ;)

Originally posted by: LS20
haha, the 2nd newbie beer upgrade next to guinness.

Please
rolleye.gif

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Newcastle is on sale at the Long's Drug by my place for $9.95 / 12-pack.

Sweet deal.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: amnesiac
Eh, sorry that most people aren't sophisticated beer drinkers like you. Instead of being a choad, how about you make a recommendation for similar or better beers that are readily available in most parts of the country?

how about NO, scott

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
Tried it a couple of weeks back - was ok - kinda weak. Picked a random 'Murphy's Red Beer' last weekend, loved it! Usually stick to Foster's Bitter.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: athithi
Tried it a couple of weeks back - was ok - kinda weak. Picked a random 'Murphy's Red Beer' last weekend, loved it! Usually stick to Foster's Bitter.

they make a good stout