Wow this sucks.... rolled my ankle two days before I leave to go snowboarding in CO.

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
So yeah, we are supposed to leave Christmas day to fly out to Colorado. I had been looking forward to snowboarding out there almost 5 months, and today in my church basketball practice, I completely rolled my right ankle. It is undoubtedly a serious sprain, but I am leaning towards the thought that I tore a tendon (mostly because of the ripping I felt when I did it).

And my girlfriend broke up with me Sunday.

Merry Christmas.....

Sry to hear this, if I were you id still go snowboarding though, pain or not.

bhad

Nov 5, 2001
saturday i rolled my ankle and pulled both groins playing soccer, cuz i haven't played in like 2 years. we left for tahoe monday, and here i am sitting on the computer..no boarding for me either :(

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
If you can walk on it, you didnt tear the tendon. I partially tore my achilles, and after it I couldn't walk for 2 days. Also, it would have swelled a few centimeters if you tore it to. After a month after tearing mine, I went for some therapy, and they measured it as 3.7 centimeters swollen. It was at least double that size right after I tore it.

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Sorry to hear about that bhad. I hope maybe you can recover soon enough to get some good boarding in this year.

My hope is that I will get to go at least once. Our last day on the mountain is Decmeber 30th, so I have 6 more days to recover.

I wasn't talking about my achilles KraziKid, but I hope you are right about me not tearing anything. I'm thinking it is just a sprain, because it didn't hurt too much when it happened, but wow does it hurt now. Breaks are usually the other way around. I just want to know what that cracking sound was when the side of my ankle hit the ground (no joke about that, I really went down that far).

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Just got back and had an awesome time. Turns out that my ankle healed to the point where I could walk fine, just unable to turn it from side to side. So I was able to board all 3 days without any pain.

Colorado snowboaring rules :)

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: bhad
saturday i rolled my ankle and pulled both groins playing soccer, cuz i haven't played in like 2 years. we left for tahoe monday, and here i am sitting on the computer..no boarding for me either :(
Pulled both groins!!?

slydecix

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Howard
Originally posted by: bhad
Pulled both groins!!?
maybe he meant to say that he rolled both ankles :D Still funny as heck

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Tape it up and snowboard the pain off. :p

Man that sucks. I'm headed to Tahoe for snowboarding in a few days myself. Making sure I dont get sick.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
Tape it up and snowboard the pain off. :p

Man that sucks. I'm headed to Tahoe for snowboarding in a few days myself. Making sure I dont get sick.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Proof that people don't read the fscking thread. :p

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
I know how that feels.

Back in college, I was practicing for our class tournament for church and I tore my right knee's ligament.

I have never been the same :(