Wow the Dell Mini9 is great for games!

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Got a Dell Mini 9, a few flash cards, installed and play all my old games I got laying around on it. They run great and look really good because the screen is just under 9 inches. Really nice to just pull it out when I am waiting for something, waiting poses no problem anymore just a reason to play a little more. :)

So far,

1. Fallout 1, 2 and tactics.
2. Balders Gate 1&2
3. The Dig
4. Indiana Jones
5. Twinsins Odyssey
6. Outlaws
7. Diablo 1 and 2
7. and many other to come

Takes me back in time.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I have the EEE 1000h, and I agree netbooks are a great way to enjoy the classics. :)

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
what flash cards are we talking about? is that how you get extra memory hardrive space? and can it play WC3?
?

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: MrWizzard
Really nice to just pull it out when I am waiting for something, waiting poses no problem anymore just a reason to play a little more. :)

Quoted out of context for the lulz.

soybeast

Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
Originally posted by: MrWizzard
Really nice to just pull it out when I am waiting for something, waiting poses no problem anymore just a reason to play a little more. :)

Quoted out of context for the lulz.

You sir get an internetz!

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Originally posted by: tvdang7
what flash cards are we talking about? is that how you get extra memory hardrive space? and can it play WC3?
?

I use a 2 of these, I installed my games directly to them.

When I combine them with this I dont have to worry about space for a long time. Just use the external as a swap drive when I need to free room up on the flash cards.

I don't know about WC3 haven't tried that one yet, I know SC works fine though and looks good.

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
I was thinking about picking up a netbook and doing this. How are you getting the games on it? Putting iso's on flash media and mounting them and installing from there, or something else?

Dman877

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2004
Originally posted by: tvdang7
?

WC3 runs like a champ on my eee900 with the celery proc.

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Originally posted by: uli2000
I was thinking about picking up a netbook and doing this. How are you getting the games on it? Putting iso's on flash media and mounting them and installing from there, or something else?

I have messed around with ISOs and Deamon tools. I also have installed off a network computer, I also have installed from a external CDROM drive. Theres lots of way to do it. Sure it takes a while to install to the flash drive but once things are installed they play fine.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I wonder if these games will run:

GalCivII
Civ4
Shogun: total War
Planescape: Torment
Warhammer: Dark Omen
Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Homeworld
Neverwinter Nights
Temple of Elemental Evil

All these games seems to fit when it comes to system requirements, but if you have any of them see if they work and tell me please.