wow...the bourne ultimatum is so freaking awesome

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

newb111

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2003
Originally posted by: TXHokie
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
Originally posted by: mugs
Legally Blonde 2 kicks Spider-Man 3 to the curb. Spider-Man 3 was a turd.

:thumbsup:

At least when you give your mancard to see Spidey, you'll get it back at the end of the movie.

You only get it back if you walk out before it ends.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Loved all three Bourne movies. I think the first one was the best (I liked the director better than the one who did 2 and 3).

I have 1 and 2 on dvd. Definitely buying 3 on hddvd, so now I'm wondering if I should buy 1 and 2 also. hmmmm......

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
I haven't seen any of the Bourne movies, and have been debating whether to buy all 3 on HD DVD from Amazon for $50. Should I blind buy?

newb111

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Shawn
I haven't seen any of the Bourne movies, and have been debating whether to buy all 3 on HD DVD from Amazon for $50. Should I blind buy?

Of course.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: TheTony
Originally posted by: anxi80
Originally posted by: tfinch2
Originally posted by: dainthomas
agreed. hoping to get the hd-dvd for christmas.
im picking it up this sunday at best buy. a little birdie told me that they're having a list of selected titles that are buy one, get one free.
Did the little birdy say this is going to be a selected title?
the birdy is selective with the details. he shows me the door but its up to me to find the key. or in other words; find out on sunday when i pay $2 for the dang paper.

That same little birdie gave me more details...

Free disc must be on same receipt as purchased disc and must be of equal or lesser value. The follwing titles are eligible:
The Bourne Ultimatum
Blades Of Glory
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Knocked Up: Unrated
Disturbia
Mr. Bean?s Holiday
Shrek The Third
Evan Almighty
Transformers
Harry Potter & Order Of The Phoenix
The Departed
Shooter
Ocean?s Thirteen

Sweet! Are these all on sale on HDDVD? I'm definitely buying Bourne Ultimatum and Transformers.

Tell the birdie I said thanks. I didn't know birds speak english. Now spanish I wouldn't be surprised.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: TXHokie
Originally posted by: mugs
Legally Blonde 2 kicks Spider-Man 3 to the curb. Spider-Man 3 was a turd.

:thumbsup:

At least when you give your mancard to see Spidey, you'll get it back at the end of the movie.

I'm quite happy watching Reese Witherspoon. Kirsten Dunst got hit by a whole forest of ugly. She also can't act to save her life.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

DO IT NOW.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: davestar
the only trilogy i know of in which each movie was better than the last

For me it was 3 > 1 > 2, but I haven't seen 2 in a while...

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: TheTony
Originally posted by: tfinch2
Originally posted by: dainthomas
agreed. hoping to get the hd-dvd for christmas.
im picking it up this sunday at best buy. a little birdie told me that they're having a list of selected titles that are buy one, get one free.
Did the little birdy say this is going to be a selected title?
the birdy is selective with the details. he shows me the door but its up to me to find the key. or in other words; find out on sunday when i pay $2 for the dang paper.

That same little birdie gave me more details...

Free disc must be on same receipt as purchased disc and must be of equal or lesser value. The follwing titles are eligible:

The Bourne Ultimatum
The Departed

Sold me on that BOGO.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Acanthus
Get bourne!

Chase scene

Fight scene

Chase scene

Fight scene

Movie ends....

And your problem is...

It's just about the time where you turn in your man card.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001

DO IT NOW.

im want to...but then the toshiba a30/a35 look good too, especially since it comes with the bourne identity and 300 for free...along with the bourne supremacy (as a choice of 3 hddvds of amazon.com's choosing).

ahhhh so tempting!

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
wow... just watched it on dish... this is amazing... didn't realize nicky got a bigger role in this one...she's looking at him with that longing look in the cafe...does that mean that he banged her before?

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Yep, Ultimatum was the best. Spiderman 3 really disappointed me - the action was good, but there was far too much sappy overly dramatic stuff.

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Pepsei
didn't realize nicky got a bigger role in this one...she's looking at him with that longing look in the cafe...does that mean that he banged her before?

there's dialogue to indicate that, you don't need to rely on just the "longing look". i like how they left it open to interpretation, though.

Oct 4, 2004
Spider-Man 3 - I convinced myself I liked the movie. Then I had to sit through it again and I realized how much I hated it.

Bourne FTW.

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
spiderman 3 sucked. Bourne is awesome. The only thing that annoyed me about Ultimatum is the unsteady camera shots. FFS hold still for more than .25 seconds.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: davestar
Originally posted by: Pepsei
didn't realize nicky got a bigger role in this one...she's looking at him with that longing look in the cafe...does that mean that he banged her before?

there's dialogue to indicate that, you don't need to rely on just the "longing look". i like how they left it open to interpretation, though.

was going to say that same thing

also liked how they didn't try to flesh out any romantic relationship between the two in this movie, would have been too much in too little time and thus corny/cliche

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
I'm telling you the Bourne series has the best sound editing ever!

If you don't have a system to satisfy an audiophile, just plug in a decent pair of headphones. The ambient sound mixing is awesome.
For example, the train station part in the first movie where he puts the red bag in the locker. You can pick up tons of conversations going on in pieces and they are actually discernible, on top of the sounds mixed in to give the right 'feel'.

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
the action scenes where they are in the CIA control room chasing Bourne are the best.

Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
One thing that really bugged me about that movie was the goddamn shaky camera. I hate shaky camera. Only one director is allowed to have his camera-men use it..and that's Spielberg ONLY. I have yet to see any movie anywhere besides Saving Private Ryan that made solid use of that otherwise very lame technique.

it gave the fight scenes a more realistic feel to it. trust me. otherwise, you get same scripted hollywood stunts and punches and stuff.