wow...the bourne ultimatum is so freaking awesome

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
just saw it last night...WOW i was blown away. its much easier to follow than the previous movies, and of course, john powell scores the movie so nicely. everything is perfectly tied up, and it has some of the best action sequences ive ever seen in a movie.

very very well done. 10/10.

thoughts?

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
it was much better then the second, but i dont think i would personally score it 10/10.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: dainthomas
agreed. hoping to get the hd-dvd for christmas.
im picking it up this sunday at best buy. a little birdie told me that they're having a list of selected titles that are buy one, get one free.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by: anxi80
im picking it up this sunday at best buy. a little birdie told me that they're having a list of selected titles that are buy one, get one free.

oh nice...unfortunately im still looking for a good 1080p hd-dvd player though. im probably going to buy the hd-dvd trilogy at amazon.com as its $50 and that ain't bad at all for hd-dvds...

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004

Did the little birdy say this is going to be a selected title?

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: tfinch2
the birdy is selective with the details. he shows me the door but its up to me to find the key. or in other words; find out on sunday when i pay $2 for the dang paper.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
One thing that really bugged me about that movie was the goddamn shaky camera. I hate shaky camera. Only one director is allowed to have his camera-men use it..and that's Spielberg ONLY. I have yet to see any movie anywhere besides Saving Private Ryan that made solid use of that otherwise very lame technique.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
i love matt damon as jason bourne...

and i also loved the fact that the movie was less than 2 hours. no unecessary storyline!

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
just saw it last night...WOW i was blown away. its much easier to follow than the previous movies, and of course, john powell scores the movie so nicely. everything is perfectly tied up, and it has some of the best action sequences ive ever seen in a movie.

very very well done. 10/10.

thoughts?

DITTO. I absolutely loved this movie.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Legally Blonde 2 kicks Spider-Man 3 to the curb. Spider-Man 3 was a turd.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Phoenix86
Spiderman 3 sucked so bad I walked out.

And I like those kind of movies...

I wish I had walked out. I kept hoping for SOMETHING good about it, and it just wound up being terrible. I have no clue what people see in that movie who say they like it. Usually I can just chalk it up to not being "my kind of movie", but that IS my kind of movie, and it was just awful.

That being said, yes, Bourne Ultimatum was excellent.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
a lot of movies kick spiderman 3's ass so that's not saying much.

but yes, ultimatum was awesome.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
I really liked the action parts when he is chasing down Desh and fights him... well done.

TheTony

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2005
the birdy is selective with the details. he shows me the door but its up to me to find the key. or in other words; find out on sunday when i pay $2 for the dang paper.

That same little birdie gave me more details...

Free disc must be on same receipt as purchased disc and must be of equal or lesser value. The follwing titles are eligible:
The Bourne Ultimatum
Blades Of Glory
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Knocked Up: Unrated
Disturbia
Mr. Bean?s Holiday
Shrek The Third
Evan Almighty
Transformers
Harry Potter & Order Of The Phoenix
The Departed
Shooter
Ocean?s Thirteen

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com

Enter your zip.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
The whole Spitderman trilogy is a POS so it's not difficult to beat. Bourne is absolutely fucking awesome though. It's a shame Bourne can't stamp on Peter Parker's face repeatedly in the next one.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
haha well the last movie i saw before the bourne ultimatum was spider-man 3....and im a huge fan of spider-man 3, but that movie was a letdown.

man i so cant wait to buy the hd-dvd set.......

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I thought it was great, the shakey camera work was still annoying, but a bit more tolerable than in supremecy.

One annoying thing was that Jason Bourne apparently developed a super power at the end of the last supremecy and uses it heavily in ulimatum: Complete immunity to car crashes.

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
Originally posted by: jman19
I really liked the action parts when he is chasing down Desh and fights him... well done.

you know a fight sequence has some impact when the audience collectively reacts with grimaces and "ooohs" and "aaahs" as if they (the audience) were actually being hit.

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
Originally posted by: mugs
Legally Blonde 2 kicks Spider-Man 3 to the curb. Spider-Man 3 was a turd.

:thumbsup:

At least when you give your mancard to see Spidey, you'll get it back at the end of the movie.