Wow...that Topaz software is pretty impressive....

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I have always heard good things about them but never really got the desire to try them until yesterday...Used the Sharpen AI and then DeNoise AI on this image...Consider me impressed...

Before:
08.jpg

After:
08-SharpenAI-motion-DeNoiseAI-denoise.jpg

Before:
03.jpg

After:
03-SharpenAI-motion-DeNoiseAI-denoise.jpg

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
Superb. Makes me want to try it in Affinity Photo. I have some noisy photos because I abstain from flash.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Never used Affinity before. What I can say about Topaz is that you can install it as a standalone and/or grab the plugin from the source app and place it in the plugin folder of the Affinity app where the other plugins reside if it's similar to PS/Lightroom in that way.

YuliApp

Dec 27, 2017
desirehive.com
Not impressed really. It is good, but for the price it is hop and trop like everything. Tried on blur due to camera shake (often by me with long lens), out of focus (wide apperture usere here) and noise (high ISO) and neither was really better than built in photoshop sharpen tool or doing combination of few methods. In some cases much worse even or giving inconsistent results (like one eye super sharp, second with so much halo i would rather print the original, or stripes of very sharp texture and then it abrubtly goes to OOF again).
What is really good is the auto mode. Whenever i tried to change the sliders it was rather worse than better as what was suggested. Wanted to try it as i really could use something better. Have issues with OOF and lost way too many awesome photos because of that.

★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Not worth the money unless you need to batch 1000 files, earn more than 20€ per hour and are in extreme hurry. Would trial two major versions later.

And yes it installed it self (without asking - that is not good) into Affinity, photoshop and standalone at the same time.

Attachments

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY